As our open source community manager you will be responsible for creating and executing programs, planning and organizing events, and engaging our vibrant open source community. This role will provide you with the chance to cultivate and nurture a world-leading open source community with a unique opportunity to impact the success of the company and to grow your career at a fast pace. In addition, this role will advocate and promote what's best for the community to ensure authenticity and credibility. You excel at communications strategy and are confident in letting your voice be heard. Above all, you will build strong relationships with the community on technical forums, blogs, and social media to evangelize the value of the InfluxData platform and encourage community contributions.
What you will be doing:
What you'll bring to the team:
- Organize meetups, hackathons, and other community events that will coalesce a vibrant developer community around our open source products
- Building a communication content pipeline and working with counterparts in engineering, marketing and sales to coordinate content execution and promotion
- Build a speaker bench and coordinate speakers for each event. Manage onsite presence and deliver on event goals. Some travel is required.
- Help build a measurable communications platform to provide insightful metrics on content performance
- Collaborate with InfluxData Developer Advocates and InfluxData Aces to develop content that helps drive awareness & contributions
- Attend conferences and organize speaking engagements at relevant events
- 5+ years of work experience
- Passionate about open source and the developer community
- Experienced building out and nurturing a forum community with a strong understanding of digital communications best practices
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Creative thinker and self-starter, someone who is persistent and inventive
- Ability to thrive and collaborate with peers across business functions
- Strong organizational skills, capable of handling multiple projects at the same time
- Links to your relevant work
InfluxData ( https://www.influxdata.com/ ) is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database. We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story. Headquartered in San Francisco, InfluxData's workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. and across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quicker and to scale.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to FSA and commuter benefits
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life lnsurance, short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- ....and more!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page ( https://www.influxdata.com/careers/ ) to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.