24 hours/wk - Children's; or 19 hours/wk (2 available)
Non-Exempt hourly position. This position may include some nights and weekends.
Senior Community Library Manager; Community Library Manager; Community Library Lead; Reference Supervisor, Circulation Supervisor, or Youth Services Supervisor
Under general supervision of assigned supervisor, this position is responsible for delivering quality customer service that exceeds patron expectations; performing all duties associated with the circulation of library materials; providing general information, answering simple information queries; troubleshooting library equipment; developing and delivering library programs; may serve as Person in Charge.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for daily branch opening and closing procedures
- Provides circulation services
- Prepares, runs, and completes needed library reports Receives and processes all library materials
- Shelves library materials
- Maintains shelf appearance by straightening, shifting, and ensuring items are in correct order
- Maintains library materials by mending, shelf reading, and weeding on condition
- Markets Library materials through timely, relevant displays
- Provides assistance/troubleshooting with the use of public fax machines, computers, printers, and photocopiers
- Provides assistance with general information inquiries and requests
- Performs cash handling
- Provides assistance in the use of electronic resources
- Provides assistance in the use of basic computer programs (e.g., Microsoft Office, Google Suite, etc.)
- Prepares and presents programming
- May act as Person-In-Charge in the absence of senior staff, as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Six (6) months of customer service experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Commitment to exceeding customer expectations
- Familiarity with today’s public libraries (services, materials, and programs).
- Strong organizational skills Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Familiarity of Integrated Library System (PINES preferred)
- Enthusiasm and Flexibility Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ability to learn basic library system practices and procedures; and arrangement of materials using Dewey Decimal System.
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities with/without reasonable accommodation to enable the employee to communicate effectively.
- Sufficient vision or other powers of observation to enable the employee to review a wide variety of materials.
- Sufficient manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to operate a personal computer, telephone, and related equipment.
- Physical Demands: Job involves considerable amount of movement and activity. Work routinely involves lifting or handling material weighing up to 25 lbs, pushing book carts weighing up to 100 lbs., and heavy use of the computer.
- Mental Demands: This position requires minimal independent judgement. Work is routine in nature, with general supervision.
- Emotional Demands: Some stress related to public contact. Some pressure related to periods of highvolume activity.
- Social Environment: Regular communications with patrons and staff.
- Physical Environment: Typical office/library environment. Some fluctuations in building temperature related to HVAC problems can cause uncomfortable period of heat or cold. Some periods of elevated noise levels.
Starting pay for this position is $9.90/hour.
This position description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position and is subject to review and change at any time in accordance with the needs of Live Oak Public Libraries. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable someone with a qualifying disability to perform the essential functions of the position.