WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
Please click the link to watch a Realistic Job Preview.
This position is accountable for operating equipment that mixes/grinds liquids and other materials used to manufacture paint and coatings. The Manufacturing Technician directly impacts the quality and quantity of product produced.
Major tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Prebatch and ticket inspection
- Operates all drop stations and meters (water, TiO2, slurry, etc.)
- Measures tanks for yield, follows directions on batch slip, and checks batch until proper grind or mix is obtained
- Safe operation of forklifts, walkies, drum handling equipment and battery charging/changing
- Cleans vessels, lines, and other equipment used in the process
- Advocate and practice the principals of the Safety program
- Participate in house keeping activities that are indicative of a safe and clutter free work environment
Must be able to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English
Must have the legal right to work in the country of employment without needing sponsorship now or in the future for employment visa status
Must be at least 18 years of age
Must have access to reliable transportation
Must be able to work overtime with or without reasonable accommodation
The successful candidate must also pass a pre-employment background check, physical and drug screen.
One year of experience working with machinery in a manufacturing environment
Experience watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly
Experience blending and making a product in a batch process
Experience monitoring the quality of raw materials or finished goods