We are currently accepting applications for the H-E-B School of Retail Leadership (SORL) Program, which develops individuals to become Store Operation Leaders. Hands-on management experience in all departments, classroom training, project work and workshops are designed to enhance the level of skill and leadership required to become a successful Store Leader.
If you are able and willing to relocate based on business needs (relocation assistance provided), if you have not applied for the SORL program within the last 12 months, and if you meet all the Preferred Education and Experience items below, complete the online application AND submit the requested documents to the Regional Office.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... the commitment to learn to make your Customers and Partners feel appreciated, respected, and needed?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... a desire to learn to Lead in a fast-paced, hands-on environment?
PASSION FOR RESULTS... the drive to make decisions, build relationships, and adapt quickly to meet business goals?
We are looking for:
- a master's or bachelor's degree
- 1 year of experience as a department manager
- a high-level record of school / work achievement and performance
What is the work? (other duties may be assigned)
- Must be able and willing to relocate based on business need for talent (relocation assistance provided)
- If you have applied to for School of Retail Leadership within the last 12 months, you are not eligible to reapply at this time
- If you meet all of the preferred education and experience and are interested in the position, complete the online application AND submit the requested documents to the Regional office
- Hands-on management experience in all departments
- Attends classroom training and workshops designed to enhance leadership skills
- Works with H-E-B Regional Leadership, Store Leadership, and Department Managers to gain exposure to all aspects of retail operation
- Performs project work
What is your background? (Preferred Education and Experience)
- A bachelor's or master's degree, or have a minimum of 1 year of experience as a primary or sub-department manager
- A strong academic record (3.0 GPA preferred)
- Current performance rating of meets or exceeds expectations
- Exhibit a high level of achievement and performance in school and / or work
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as an H-E-B SORL Program Partner?
- Demonstrate strong leadership and decision-making skills
- Demonstrate the ability to build talent, build relationships, and drive results
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt quickly to the needs of the business
- Have great interpersonal skills and service mentality
- Function in a fast-paced retail environment which requires detailed work and precision
- Be exposed to moderate noise level in the work environment
- Lift and carry 40 - 60 pounds on a regular basis
- Stand, walk, bend, reach, kneel, squat, reach overheard and side-to-side throughout shift
- Work with customers and be attentive to their needs, while maintaining composure in high-stress situations
- Work extended hours and varying work schedule as dictated by the business
Primary Location US-TX-San Antonio
Work Locations 3483 Fredericksburg Rd, San Antonio, 78201 3483 Fredericksburg Rd San Antonio 78201
Job Store Ops Leadership Programs
Organization Corporate Region
Job Type Full-time
Job Posting Sep 6, 2018, 1:57:48 PM Unposting Date Ongoing