- Public Speaking
- Nonprofit Experience
- Leadership Experience
- Grant Writing
Pets In Need, in operation since 1965, is seeking a dynamic leader for its expanding development operation. The Senior Development Manager will lead a broad-based fundraising effort at Pets In Need. This position will also be integrally involved in the creation, design and implementation of a capital campaign to raise money to construct a new state-of-the-art shelter to support Pets In Need’s important life-saving mission. Those individuals interested in applying for this position should send a cover letter, resume and three references.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
The Senior Development Manager creates, implements and manages a broad-based fundraising program to support Pets in Need’s general operations and programs. This position will also be involved in the planning and implementation of a capital campaign to raise funds for a new animal shelter for Pets in Need.
- Collaborate with the executive director, the Development Committee and development and marketing staff to build a cost-effective, innovative and efficient development program designed to engage donors and donor prospects in supporting Pets in Need’s mission.
- Manage the development and marketing staff, consisting of a development coordinator and a social media and marketing coordinator.
- Serve as staff liaison with PIN’s Development Committee and works with staff and volunteers to secure broad-based participation in the development program.
- Cultivate, steward and solicit individual and corporate donors and donor prospects for major gifts.
- Manage the grant writing and reporting processes.
- Create and manage the annual department budget.
- Create and manage fundraising and donor cultivation events that will promote the organization.
- Support the Executive Director in the identification, cultivation and recruitment of PIN board members.
- Assist in the design, planning and implementation of a capital campaign designed to generate support from the public sector for the construction of a new shelter for Pets In Need.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated success and growth as a non-profit fundraising professional
- Grant writing and grants management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Extremely well organized with a commitment to quality, detail and deadline accountability
- Experience with donor databases, including Salesforce, a plus
- Self-confidence to work independently with a positive, proactive and achievement-oriented work style
- No allergic conditions that would be aggravated when animals are present in the work place.
- Ability to lift and move objects and animals weighing up to 50 pounds for short distances and to humanely restrain animals, when necessary.
- A college degree is required
- Work experience in the non-profit sector, particularly in the development field, is preferred
EXPERIENCE, ABILITIES AND QUALITIES REQUIRED:
- Five-plus years of development and marketing experience, preferably with an animal welfare agency.
- Capital campaign experience is a plus.
- Staff management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills in a high-paced development environment.
- Experience in cost-effectively managing fundraising events and programs.
- Proven ability to maintain poise and to manage multiple assignments efficiently.
- Ability to build partnerships and gain consensus with co-workers, volunteer leaders and peers.
- Experience in working with, and managing, volunteers.
- Maturity, good judgment and professional appearance.
- Well organized with good writing and public speaking skills.
- Ability to operate effective and efficiently within various social media.
- Comfortable and skilled in applying analytical and creative skills to accomplish assignments.
- Comfortable working with a culturally diverse organization.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Non Profit Development: 5 years (Required)
- Capital Campaign: 1 year (Preferred)