McGann and Chester's Pittsburgh Truck Center is a family-owned business and has been operating for over 45 years serving Western Pennsylvania and we take great pride in what we do! We are currently seeking well-motivated and qualified candidates to fill Heavy Duty Diesel Technician positions at our state of the art facility in Carnegie PA.
We are seeking individuals who are ready and able to enhance their careers and the continuing success of our organization. To ensure success as a Heavy-Duty Diesel Technician, you should have proven experience in class 7 and 8 trucks. We are looking for candidates to have at least two (2) years diesel technician experience, with ASE Certifications a plus.
We welcome the opportunity to speak with you about joining our ranks and building a sound financial future with our award-winning team!
- Repair medium and heavy duty trucks, buses, and other motor vehicles.
- Perform routine vehicle maintenance.
- Use diagnostic tools to test vehicle components.
- Perform quality inspections prior to returning the vehicle to the customer.
- Perform multi point vehicle inspection on all vehicles.
- Document preexisting damages on all vehicles prior to any service starting.
- Assist service writers and sales staff to estimate vehicle repairs.
- Routine clean-up of your area.
- Other duties as assigned by shop manager.
- Must have 2 years diesel technician experience.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Must have your own basic tools and toolbox. If you do not have what is required, you can purchase tools as needed. Most specialty tools are provided along with proper PPE.
- Replace tires, brakes, and have general knowledge of ABS systems on air brake equipment.
- Have a general understanding of DPF/SCR systems.
- Have knowledge of operating a Windows based laptop to perform diagnostics and troubleshooting.
- Be able to lift more than 75 - 100 lbs. on occasion.
- Have a general understanding of electrical wiring and repair.
- Be able to clean up between jobs and during downtime keeping the shop in an orderly fashion.
- Overtime may be requested by supervisor on a case-by-case basis depending on workflow in the shop.
The following are not required for employment but will be a plus:
- ASE Certification
- PA State inspection license
- CDL class B, Class A preferred
- Air conditioning certified
- Any additional training or certifications
- Competitive pay
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Medical, Dental, and Visions Benefits
- 401(k) with employer match
- Company paid Life Insurance, AD&D
- Company Paid Long Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $54,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Carnegie, PA 15106: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- diesel technician: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person