- High School Diploma or GED
- Home Care
- Driver's License
- CPR Certification
Ennis Healthcare Solutions, a Home Healthcare Agency, is currently seeking an LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) to administer care to patients requiring in home treatment in the Miami Dade/Monroe County areas.
Responsibilities and Duties
- The LPN shall provide assigned nursing care under the direction of a Registered Nurse who provides on-site supervision as needed, based upon the severity of patient's medical condition and the nurse's training experience.
- The LPN shall prepare and record clinical notes for the clinical records.
- Report any changes in the patient' condition to the case manager/registered nurse with the reports documented in the clinical record.
- Perform assigned tasks, including the administration of treatment and medications, in the care of the patient within the scope or practice authorized buy the license issued by the state for a licensed practical nurse.
- Reviews the utilization and progress of the patient with the RN, supervisor and attending physician as necessary.
- Has knowledge of patient's condition at all times and informs the physician, physician assistant, advanced registered nurse practitioner, RN and/or the Nursing Supervisor immediately of any change in the patient' condition that warrants attention.
- Observes, evaluates, and reports to the physician any reaction the patient has to drugs or treatments.
- Interprets to the patient and family the expectations of the diagnosis and the nature of the treatment consistent with the action and wishes of the physician.
- Interprets to the social and physical factors in the environment that affect patient care, by RN supervision.
- Responsible for the execution of the physician's orders, supervised by an RN.
- Keeps physician informed of all pertinent information concerning the patient's condition and response to treatment.
- Gives skill of care to patient.
- Other duties assigned by the RN.
- Participate in in-services program
- Discharge planning under RN supervision.
- Able to speak, read and write in English.
- Able to read assignments, follow directions.
- Able to communicate and respond clearly via telephone and respond toe patient's spoken needs.
- Ability to physically transfer, lift or assist patients whose average weight is 160 pounds with or without the aid of mechanical devices.
- Able to spend 80% of the work standing and/or moving about.
- Able to walk, climb stairs, stoop, twist, bend and squat to perform essential job functions.
- Able to concentrate on detail with frequent interruptions.
- Able to follow, complete and remember daily routines and requirements.
- Able to comprehend and utilize professional education materials.
- Able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Ensure HIPAA guidelines and procedures and maintained.
Qualifications and Skills
- Certification as Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of Florida.
- Minimum 6 months experience preferred.
- Valid CPR card
- Level 2 Background
- 2 Hour Alzheimer training
- Statement of Health
- Liability Insurance
- Must have all documentation up to date (professional license, driver's license, CPR, CEU's, Physical, and background check (ACHA).
Job Type: Contract
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $0.00 to $30.00 /hour
- Home Health Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Healthcare: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) Certification (Required)