Full Job Description
Ready to re-imagine the product management role? At IBM, as an Offering Manager, you are responsible for the full lifecycle of an offering: from validating need to determining the business model and defining the solution requirements. Going beyond the traditional focus of timetables and budgets, you use your keen insights into what customers want in their own business plan - and work across disciplines to build the best solutions to a problem. If being the CEO of your offering excites you, consider an offering management career at IBM.
Your Role and Responsibilities
1. Act as the business owner, responsible for the success of the function "Power Systems Offering Manager". Offering Management owns IBM's point-of-view on a market space, defining where IBM will play and how it will differentiate itself
2. Be accountable for key outcome metrics, including customer satisfaction, revenue and profitability of assigned offerings
3. Assess the market size, profit pools, and critical trends. Prioritizes market segments and evaluate buying behavior
4. Determines competitive differentiation – offerings, customer experiences – and revenue or market share potential. Decides on business model and cross-discipline resourcing and investments.
5. Be adaptive and flexible to market trend and collaborate with a senior team to buy-in on products and be accountable for managing people and programs
6. Provide detailed direction on essential technical and marketing tasks to launch an offering feature, offering, or collection of offerings in the portfolio. (10% of time spent on duty)
7. Articulate markets, research users and define the competitive landscape, as well as make market problems clearer to the broader offering team (15% of time spent on duty)
8. Work collaboratively with development leaders, product architects, product designers and key customers to appropriately package features into offering releases and ensure offering designs reflect business objectives (15% of time spent on duty)
9. Regularly participate in overall functional program planning (5% of time spent on duty)
10. Develop and execute roadmaps, business models and go-to-market plans. (15% of time spent on duty)
11. Collaborate closely with design and engineering to ship offerings. (5% of time spent on duty)
12. Partner with and enable sales, marketing, finance and legal. Will define pricing, packaging, positioning, then measure everything. (5% of time spent on duty)
13. Responsible for developing end-to-end offering business plans, leading execution of those plans. (20% of time spent on duty)
14. Delivers financial results in assigned market segment(s) – such as profitable revenue growth, market share gain. Determines Point of View on "where to play" and "how to win" in the market segment and align stakeholders. (10% of time spent on duty)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
At least 5 years of experience playing a lead role in Product Development, Product Management, and/or Product Marketing
At least 10 years experience in the IT infrastructure market with demonstrated track record of success
Technical experience or strong knowledge base in IBM Power Systems
Strong business planning and Go-to-Market acumen in global markets
Experience interacting with clients
Ability to think strategically
Strong presentation and communication skills
Experience presenting to and/or interacting with executives
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Experience preferred in data management, AI, or analytics based applications
Prior experiencing contributing to a major product launch
Familiarity with IBM’s Offering Management processes
About Business Unit
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate - they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world’s most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.