The Training Specialist position is primarily responsible
for facilitating training sessions (in classroom and virtually) from
on-boarding to continued development to refresher training. This position
provides consultation through the assessment, evaluation, and development of
both existing and new training programs and materials
- On-boarding employees and contingent workers to
ensure they have the knowledge, skills and abilities to meet customer
expectations and enterprise goals.
- Develop and deliver standardized system and process training via classroom methods. This may include travel to other
distribution center sites.
- Consult with program participants and management to evaluate impact of training programs.
- Review quality and performance records to determine opportunities for review and
retraining needs that may be associate specific.
- Respond to specific training requests by leadership team or quality.
- Develop, maintain and update training program and materials to reflect updated systems or processes.
- Provide feedback and conduct periodic retraining where quality or performance issues are noted or when system or process changes require training.
- Deliver customized program training via classroom or other methods.
- Continually update existing programs to reflect business enhancements.
- Administer practical exercises to evaluate trainee’s comprehension.
- Ensure training objectives and goals are related to business objectives or client needs.
- Responsible for maintaining all training records.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, training or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years relevant experience or Master’s degree; operations or business
environment and 3-5 years’ experience in applications training.
- Proven ability to develop training courses and supporting documentation.
in conducting needs analysis and operations application functionality.
- Proven ability to identify customized strategies and tactics for success in training
- Understanding of adult learning techniques.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills.