Candidates should be living in or near the location within New York state that they are applying to. Although this position is currently “remote” because of Covid-19 health regulations, this will eventually revert back to being an “outside” sales opportunity that is primarily out connecting with our community members about community solar out in the actual communities within New York state. Yes, that will happen again! Thank you in advance for only applying if you actually live in or near the location of the job that you are applying for.
Community Solar provides everyone access to clean, renewable energy at a lower cost than the utility. Astral Power is the premier sales and marketing company in the community solar industry. Our vibrant team connects people with local solar farms to save them money, reduce their carbon footprint, and support their local communities.
We are seeking enthusiastic self-starters who are goal-oriented, and mission driven. Astral Power currently offers flexibility, and industry leading, commission-based compensation plans for Independent Consultants working from home.
Responsibilities of the Outside Sales Representative / Business Development
- Professionally represent Astral Power and drive awareness of our Community Solar offerings to the public.
- Self-generate leads through various community outreach efforts such as creative online networking efforts (Facebook parties, Webinars, LinkedIn educational events, etc.) and building customer and community partner referral relationships
- When the Covid-19 situation evolves to a more traditional and safe reality, these community outreach efforts will primarily revert back to approaches such as canvassing neighborhoods, participating in networking events, tabling at local events, and other community-based strategies.
- Educate consumers to the financial and environmental benefits of Community Solar
- Understand customer’s electricity usage and enroll them to a community solar farm
- Sell subscriptions to Community Solar projects that Astral Power represents.
Skills of the Outside Sales Representative / Business Development
- Passionate self-starter who is both mission and commission motivated
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- When the Covid-19 situation evolves to a more traditional and safe reality, access to reliable transportation in order to travel to local events
- Technologically savvy
- Able to work both in a semi-autonomous and team setting
- Capable of working well under pressure and meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Flexible work schedule - must be available weekends and evenings
Qualifications of the Outside Sales Representative / Business Development
- Optimistic & Enthusiastic
- Thirst for Knowledge
- Systematic and Efficient
- Adaptive & Flexible
Salary and Benefits
- Aggressive Commissions & Bonuses (full time or part time Independent Consultants)
- Rapid growth opportunity with a company who promotes within
- Energetic start-up culture with a clear company mission
- Flexible work from home schedule
- Professional sales training and ongoing support
Currently Independent Consultant (1099)
First Year Earnings Expectations:
$64,600 - $105,600
Local candidates preferred
Astral Power provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.