- You will be joining our exciting and newly formed Cloud Center of Excellence.
- Cloud Center of Excellence is the focal point of the transformation efforts for our IT Modernization project.
- You will enable the transformation of our Cloud development and operations practices.
- The Cloud Evangelist/Architect should know the relevant technologies, understand the relationship between those technologies, the cost implications of cloud resources, and how they can be integrated and combined to promote sound cloud designed workloads effectively.
- This individual can design large-scale cloud architectures, must have an understanding of relevant cloud services, with a solid understanding of consumption-based usage to determine appropriate resource configurations to use.
- The Cloud Architect must also able to effectively address information governance and security challenges associated with running workloads on public clouds.
- Provide deep architecture guidance on cloud-based workloads.
- Contribute to the cloud road map and delivery strategy for cloud and hybrid implementations.
- Define and maintain cloud standards (security, patterns, names, etc.).
- Design reliable solutions with failure in mind.
- Participate in code reviews for projects deploying to the cloud or hybrid technologies.
- Recommend cost optimizations and to ensure cloud resources are operating as efficiently as possible.
- Deep dive into reliability issues and partner with developers to produce and roll out fixes with long term solutions where applicable.
- Provide design consulting, capacity planning and implementation plan reviews before cloud workloads are deployed.
- Ensure cloud designs scale automatically.
- Participate and provide feedback for load testing.
- Manage and appropriately escalate delivery roadblocks, risks, issues, and challenges.
- Evolve systems by championing changes that improve reliability and scalability.
- Validate the effectiveness of resources once they go-live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Define and implement monitoring and alerting for the critical metrics within an implemented workload.
- Support On-Call for operational issues.
- Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack: IaaS, PaaS, services, applications, network, and security.
- Identify recurring problems/bottlenecks and build the tools and processes to prevent problems from recurring.
- Participate in incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Build automation handling large numbers of diverse systems with configuration management and deployment systems like Azure DevOps (VSTS), Octopus, Puppet, and Chef.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related analytical field or equivalent experience is preferred
- Must have 5 years of experience in design and implementation of AWS/Azure Cloud
- Minimum of 8 years of architecture experience
- Minimum of 8 years of experience supporting multi-tier web applications.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience handling workloads in large-scale environments.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working exclusively designing and implementing cloud native workloads
- Hands-on experience in one or more cloud providers, including AWS, Azure, GCP
- Track record of successful practical problem solving, excellent written and social communication, and documentation skills.
- Proven ability to write programs using an object-oriented or functional programming language such as C#/.NET, Java, Python, Node, or Scala. (Prefer C#, Node, and Python)
- Experience with version control systems (Git, Perforce, SVN, TFS/VSTS/Azure DevOps).
- Must have previous experience configuring direct connections to the cloud from on-premise, gateways, virtual networks, and security segmentation technologies in a production environment.
- Must have the ability to demonstrate recent experience developing software that is deployed to the cloud.
- Able to demonstrate writing shell scripts (PowerShell or Python).
- Hands-on experience writing automation in PowerShell, shell scripts, or CLI’s.
- Have a sound understanding of standard networking protocols such as HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, virtual networks, and Load Balancing.
- Must have practical knowledge of web application security.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and experience with communicating with other teams via calls, chats, and email
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional ( Professional Only) OR
- Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Have previous experience with version control systems (Git, Perforce, SVN, TFS/VSTS/Azure DevOps).
- Have recent experience supporting a hybrid cloud configuration.
- Have previous experience with containerization technologies such as Docker.
- Recent experience working with database technologies hosted in the cloud such as SQL Server, MySQL, or Postgres.
- Have recent experience with Azure Cosmos DB, MongoDB, or Cassandra
- Hands-on experience working Azure.
- Have passed one or more Azure certification exams.
- Have recent experience with VSTS/Azure DevOps deployments.
- Have recent experience with big data clustering technologies (Hadoop, Spark, HDInsight, EMR, etc.).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $120,000.00 to $150,000.00 /year
- aws or Azure: 4 years (Required)
- architecture: 8 years (Required)
- of handling workloads in large-scale environments: 5 years (Required)
- of cloud native workloads: 3 years (Required)
- of supporting multi-tier web applications: 8 years (Required)
- United States (Preferred)
- Store Discounts
- Other forms
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job