The Materials Coordinator will manage production suppliers. Plan all incoming Raw materials, purchased components, packaging, sub-suppliers and outside services to support manufacturing and shipping requirements and oversee Receivers in accordance with stated policies, procedures and departmental goals. Directly or through manager, ensures achievement of company goals and objectives. This position participates fully in department initiatives. This position will work closely with the Materials Manager.
- Customer Focus
- Energy and Stress
- Team Work
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Coordinate all incoming logistics planning with suppliers, as applicable
- Inventory expert, working with ERP systems to troubleshoot inventory discrepancies and monitor inventory accuracy
- General knowledge of PPAP, TS16949, ISO14001, MSDS, CTPAT and Health & Safety requirements
- On-call from the plant by cell phone after hours
- Issue firm and forecast releases to vendors on an ongoing basis for all production related items (i.e. Steel, Aluminum, Purchased Components, Packaging, sub-suppliers and Outside services)
- Coordinate receiving schedules to ensure a smooth flow of incoming products
- Maintain minimum inventory levels and monitor for accuracy regularly with cycle counts
- Work as a team with Manufacturing to designate storage locations for all purchased components, Steel, Aluminum and packaging. Maintain Maps and charts for plant level reference
- Verify receipt data entry from Receivers and monitor FIFO of raw materials throughout the plant
- May assist in training of Receivers on receiving into CMS and other databases, as required
- CMS database-Purchasing and Inventory expert. Troubleshooting inventory discrepancies, understanding transactions in inventory database and root cause analysis
- Ensure current MSDS for items purchased are on file at all times
- Coordinate various outbound shipments related to vendors/production (i.e. Scrap processor, returnable containers; materials for out of house tryouts).
- Report monthly Supplier Performance and summarize for QOS reporting
- Work with Quality Supervisors on supplier quality issues. (Ensure that production is protected)
- Keep up to date with system changes and training requirements related to job duties
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- Community college diploma in purchasing or enrollment in/completion of PMAC; and/or
- Minimum 3 to 5 years in the automotive industry
- 2 years Inventory control experience
- Experience with steel / aluminum is an asset
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Positive attitude
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Strong analytical ability
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills are required
- Troubleshooting ability is required
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills
- Detail oriented
- Good computer skills
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $55,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Chicago, IL 60633: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Procurement: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person