Life Enrichment Coordinator/Activity Coordinator - Part Time
Join the team at The Inn at Summit Trail - a new assisted living and memory care community! Looking for a passionate and enthusiastic team member!
The Activity Coordinator will work in conjunction with the team to provide a full social and activity program to all residents. The goals of the Activity Coordinator are to include and consider all residents' needs, interests, and abilities; to strive to enrich the residents' lifestyle by promoting an optimum level of constructive and quality leisure time activities; work closely with the facility operators and staff to create a homelike atmosphere. Maintain Rights of Residents as set forth by the Ohio Department of Health Laws and Regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned with or without reasonable accommodations. Performance Requirements:
- Establishes and maintains a good rapport and supportive relationship with all residents.
- Promotes an atmosphere which encourages self-expression of residents' needs,
- concerns, abilities, and choices.
- Identifies and utilizes residents' knowledge, skills, and talents.
- Assists in continuing development and expansion of activities designed to enhance and enrich the residents' lifestyles to include:
- Social stimulation
- Physical exercise
- Community and family interaction
- Constructive and productive use of time
- Keeps abreast of current events within the community and utilizes available resources.
- Assists in organizing and maintaining both daily and monthly schedule of activities. Informs and assists residents in regard to activities.
- Assists in the development of resident's council to encourage the residents' involvement and provides means for ensuring the rights of residents.
- Assists in organizing and supervising volunteer support.
- Maintains files as follows:
- Individual resident information pertaining to personal interests, abilities, needs, etc. - Social History
- Community resources
- Volunteer sources
- Activity resource materials
- Inventory of craft and project supplies
- Record of expenditures
- Knowledgeable of and implements all safety, universal precautions, and Company policies/procedures for the protection of residents, coworkers, and self.
Job Type: Part-time