Sign In or Create Account
Use Facebook or Google to sign in or register with SimplyHired.
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
Job Benefits for full time employees may include but are not limited to:
* Paid Vacation, Personal, Sick, and Holiday hours
* Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K / 401K Match, and Stock Options
*Monday through Friday day shift
Reporting to the General Manager or designee, coordinate the daily office activities and properly staff all office workers, including part-time staff for sale days proportionate to number of cars consigned. Perform all duties assigned by the General Manager or designee. Must know, practice, and ensure that company policies and procedures and state or federal laws are followed at all times by persons under their jurisdiction.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Provide prompt and courteous service: both on the phone and in person. Demonstrate friendliness and proper phone etiquette with every customer. Maintain a professional appearance consistent with the Handbook.
2. Make sure customers receive prompt, efficient, and courteous attention for all contacts and transactions.
3. Make sure all Department employees are thoroughly familiar with procedures for handling all aspects of customer service.
4. Resolve any customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner. Advice the General Manager or designee of all serious complaints or incidences.
5. Coordinate recruiting and hiring procedures for office staff with Human Resources Representative per policy.
6. Develop and train all employees within the Department by company standards and guidelines. Monitor training conducted and ensure such training is according to company policy and procedures.
7. Make sure Department is properly staffed at all times. Control regular and overtime payroll within budgets.
8. Monitor accuracy of time-card procedures. Control and monitor overtime, vacations, leaves of absence, sick pay, worker’s compensation cases, holiday pay and other payroll related matters as they occur.
9. Prepare and conduct performance appraisals for all Department employees per company policy; maintain all wage and salary guidelines within the Department.
10. Maintain and promote positive employee relations and morale whenever possible by practicing sound leadership and human relations principles to promote teamwork at all times. Set a good personal example of attitude and performance. Resolve employee relations problems, complaints, suggestions, etc. Follow through and communicate employee relations problems to the General Manager or designee. Evaluate and take positive, consistent, disciplinary action on infractions of company policies and procedures as defined in the employee disciplinary policy. Work with the General Manager or designee and Human Resources Representative in conducting written warnings, suspensions, and terminations of employees.
11. Ensure proper follow-through on all directives, bulletins, schedules and accounting from the General Manager or designee or other corporate sources. Conduct Department meetings at least once a month or as necessary to communicate Company and Department issues and build teamwork among the employees. Maintain a good flow of communication with the yard and office personnel.
12. Review monthly analysis of office related expenses and assist in preparation of office budgets.
13. Prepare and oversee purchase orders, maintain inventory and order supplies and forms for the office.
14. Monitor all facility conditions, vehicles, property, and equipment within corporate standards for cleanliness, proper maintenance, and safety. Conduct weekly inspections to determine if appearance meets these standards and advise Facilities of all breakdown and maintenance needs immediately.
15. Make sure all Department area conditions do not threaten employee or customer safety. Respond to and follow proper procedures on employee and customer accidents, injuries, and loss or damage to any property. Report all incidents immediately. Practice and instruct all employees in proper loss prevention and reaction procedures. Report all incidents properly and immediately.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
Associates Degree or equivalent required and (3) three to (5) years of management or auto auction experience preferred. Basic computer skills are required. Must be qualified to operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license.
The physical activity requirements of the position range from Sedentary to Light Physical Work.
Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception and field of vision comparable to definitions for Clerical, Administrative, Machine Operators (including inspection) positions.
Constant–standing, watching, touching or fingering, listening
Frequent – walking, talking, reaching, feeling, grasping, pushing, pulling kneeling, stooping, crouching, lifting
Occasional – climbing, balancing, crawling
Potential – running, jumping, yelling or other rapid or forceful movement in emergency situations
Physical Working Condition:
This position is subject to inside environmental working conditions, slightly elevated ambient noise levels, and minor atmospheric conditions affecting skin or respiratory systems, such as fumes, odors and dusts associated with automobile operations and emissions.
Note: Refer to the Handbook and Policy Manuals for important addendum requirements to all job descriptions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions orassignments.The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $39,000.00 to $49,000.00 /year
Required work authorization: