The unit supply specialist is primarily responsible for supervising or performing tasks involving the general upkeep and maintenance of all Army supplies and equipment.
- Receive, inspect, inventory, load/unload, store, issue and deliver supplies and equipment
- Maintain automated supply system for accounting of organizational and installation supplies and equipment
- Issue and receive small arms. Secure and control weapons and ammunition in security areas
- Schedule and perform preventive and organizational maintenance on weapons
- Operate unit level computers
High School Diploma or equivalent.
US Citizens or Green Card Holder
Job training for a unit supply specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training.
Eight weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instructions. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field, including practice in handling and storing stock.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Procedures for shipping, receiving, storing and issuing stock
- Stock control and accounting procedures
- Procedures for handling medical and food supplies
- Movement, storage and maintenance of ammunition
- Interest in mathematics, bookkeeping, accounting, business administration and/or typing
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Enjoy physical work
- Interest in operating forklifts and other warehouse equipment
Earn Cash For In Demand Jobs:
You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting under certain Military Occupational Specialties.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses.
Future Civilian Careers:
The skills you’ll learn will help prepare you for a career as a stock control clerk, parts clerk or storekeeper with factories, repair shops, department stores and government warehouses and stockrooms.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program:
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interviews.
- AT&T, Inc.
- Hewlett-Packard Company
- Kraft Foods Global, Inc.
- Sears Holdings Corporation
- Time Customer Service, Inc.
- Walgreen Co.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Relocation Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- High school or equivalent (Required)