Whisperwood Nursing and Rehabilitation has an immediate opening for a strong Housekeeping and Laundry Supervisor in Lubbock, TX! This is a working manager position and the incumbent is expected to hire, train, and direct the workflow of all housekeeping, laundry, and floor maintenance staff in accordance with nursing facility guidelines.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Experience in housekeeping with demonstrated supervisory skills;
- Ability to organize and communicate well both verbally and in writing;
- Genuine care and interest in elderly and handicapped people;
- Ability to comply with the Patient Bill of Rights and the Employee Responsibilities;
- Ability to comply with Company and departmental safety policies and procedures;
- Hire, train, evaluate, and supervise housekeeping/laundry staff and functions;
- Schedule department hours in keeping with census and labor budget;
- Order all housekeeping and laundry supplies within budget, maintaining accurate inventory;
- Perform housekeeping and laundry duties including mopping, dusting, polishing, vacuuming, and disinfecting;
- Stock laundry and housekeeping supplies;
- Responsible for job specific training of departmental employees;
- Inspect cleanliness of facility sanitation and infection control;
- Knowledge of proper laundry and cleaning techniques to prevent infection.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are seeking a motivated self-starter with a caring, compassionate heart. A complete benefits package is available including PTO (Paid Time Off), health, dental, vision and additional supplemental insurance products, and tuition reimbursement after one year of service. Please respond to this posting with a copy of your resume. We look forward to speaking with you!
Creative Solutions in Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Job Type: Full-time
- Housekeeping Supervisor: 2 years (Preferred)