Nurse Manager – Women’s Services
Central Texas Medical Center
1301 Wonder World Dr., San Marcos, TX 78666
Top Reasons to Work At Central Texas Medical Center, San Marcos, TX
Live in the Texas Hill Country that includes small towns and big appetites within a 30-minute drive to Austin and also includes living near the San Marcos River for tons of aquatic fun.
Located near Colleges and Universities to expand your career by offering Tuition reimbursement and includes many low-cost living environment choices.
CTMC's CREATION Health Institute was created to provide information, education, health screenings and events that emphasize a healthy lifestyle. Offerings such as HealthCheck, disease management, support groups, women's health, nutrition, healthy living for seniors and children's health are provided to the public for free or a minimal fee.
LeapFrog grade “A” for patient safety and prides itself in safety for all patients, visitors and employees. Also, recognized for a 6th year of “Most Wired Health System”, Click here to review other prestigious awards: http://www.ctmc.org/about-us/awards-and-recognitions
Support the spiritual state of mind of the patient by praying with them and educating families during visits to explain the important element of the healing process.
Full Time (days and hours to be determined between you and the Director)
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Develops, implements and evaluates policies, standards, educational services, and programs that support the department.
- Quality Control: Ensures that quality control monitoring is performed consistently, i.e. waived testing done and documented, refrigerator and crash cart logs completed, actively participate preparing unit for surveys.
- Assists in developing and submitting budget assumptions for capital and annual budgets for the respective department.
- Initiates activities to enhance revenues and support cost reduction and containment activities.
What You Will Need:
- Be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Must have three (3) to five (5) years clinical nursing experience, including one year of supervisory experience in similar clinical area.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Must hold a current certificate in CPR
- Must hold a current certificate in NRP within 3 months of hire.
- Must hold a current certificate in ACLS within 3 months of hire
- Must hold a current license or be eligible for license as an RN in the state of Texas.
- This position plays a key role in emergency in preparedness/response at CTMC, and this position is required to complete the NIMS training courses for Healthcare within 90 days of hire. NIMS 100, 200, 700 & 800 certification.
Directly supervises all non-exempt (hourly) employees in the following department: Women’s Services. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. In conducting these activities, the Clinical Manager will exercise independent judgement and discretion in the interest of Central Texas Medical Center. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Effectively conducts counseling, disciplinary and termination sessions as needed, utilizing organizational and management skills. Analyzes performance and prepares evaluations, effectively conducts annual performance reviews for subordinates in accordance with organizational policy and procedure. Maintains adequate unit preparation for regulatory JCAHO surveys to ensure very positive scores during any visit. Responsible for educating and ensuring staff is aware of compliance standards.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.