- Digital Marketing
- Project Management
- Copy Editing
- AP Style
- Creative Writing
Abstrakt Marketing Group delivers digital marketing solutions across the country for a fantastic group of small to medium business from their offices in the St. Louis Missouri. The agency’s award-winning combination of technology and talent help us deliver paid media, SEO, social media, analytics, creative and web development solutions to our clients.
We're looking for an experienced Content Editor who can help develop, lead, and grow Abstrakt content strategy offerings. A successful candidate is a pure content editing guru – Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
In addition to a strong growth mindset, we are looking for an individual who successfully balances leadership, creative, hard work, and technical skills.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Structural editing, copy editing, and proofreading of clients’ web content, social content, and marketing assets.
- Effectively collaborating with a team to produce strategic content accomplishing client goals.
- Professionally editing and refining content.
- Ability to define the structure, angle, and tone of an article.
- Provide editing feedback in accordance with our in-house style guide
- Evaluating the quality and depth of client material to determine necessary next steps.
- Research and execute new content strategies by leveraging competitive analysis, analytics, and user testing.
- Ability to think critically about different forms of media and a keen awareness of underlying messages. You know how to reach different audiences with information.
- Initiate new practices and procedures that benefit the writing team and streamline productivity.
- Consult with the Senior Content Manager on creative and progressive writing tips, as well as any updates on SEO & Google algorithms.
- Stay on top of clients’ accounts from a content production and quality standpoint.
- Utilize web analytics, tools and performance data to recommend strategy and improvements to our client’s digital
- Tailor existing content to fit with SEO strategy.
- Collaborate with internal teams including Creative, Analytics, Development and Account Management to align with strategy, define priorities, share site performance and outline improvement opportunities and plans.
- Work closely with the Virtual Marketing Managers, Director of Content and VP to develop and execute content strategies and process best practice
- Excellent command of the English language and strong copy-editing skills.
- Capacity to edit quickly and efficiently, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be intellectually curious and have a passion for learning about new industries.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with a focus on tone and style consistency
- Strong project management skills and ability to successfully meet deadlines
- Enjoys studying content styles, structures, and voices.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
- Exhibits strong personal initiative and exerts independence to take full ownership of role
- Is deadline-oriented and very comfortable working in a fast-paced and open/flexible environment.
- Possesses familiarity with various writing styles and structure, including high proficiency in AP style, and exhibits a high level of attention to detail.
- A fun personality and a desire to see your colleagues succeed
- Goal-driven—both personally and for the team’s overall success
- Experience with digital publishing tools, content management systems, and project management systems. Ability to learn new digital publishing technologies and successfully use in day-to-day work.
- Ability to write for different audiences and industries.
- Interest and experience in digital marketing copy.
- A take-charge attitude.
- An intense appreciation and attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, English, or related field from a four-year college or university
- Minimum of three to five years of editorial experience in publishing and digital content
- Strong oral communication skills, editorial and creative writing skills, and a sophisticated understanding of what should be communicated to various audiences
- Excellent writing and editing skills that can be applied to persuasive B2B writing
- Ability to create and manage process/improve processes
- Innate understanding of Brand Voice and channels in all content creation
- Comprehensive understanding of editorial development and content publishing—both digital and print- required
- A strong knowledge and understanding of digital storytelling, website development, content management systems, testing, search engine optimization, usability and analytics
- Applicants will be required to provide writing samples and complete a test edit.