Statement of Purpose:
This position is responsible for ensuring that proper QA procedures and processes are being followed for production system changes. This role will work in conjunction with the IT management to drive best practices within the IT change processes and QA automation process. The results will improve the efficiency of the IT change management process and improve overall end user satisfaction by identifying system errors before being introduced into production systems.
1. Conduct functional, integration and regression testing based on QA standards.
2. Design, modify, develop and write test scripts, test plans following established software development life cycles as well as architectural and testing standards.
3. Test software applications to ensure they adhere to designs supporting business requirements.
4. Study and analyze quality issues with the goal of recommending methods for improvement.
5. Support the definition of performance scenarios based on use cases and non-functional requirements.
6. Establish the performance baseline and execute performance test and validate load accuracy.
7. Develops, tracks, and reports operational metrics for the measurement of the quality assurance function.
· Detail-oriented with strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills
· Understands how to work effectively in a team environment and/or independently with minimal direction
· Ability to identify defects found during script writing/testing
· Ability to log defects with clear and concise explanations including all pertinent information to reproduce the defect.
· Ability to interpret business requirement documents in order to write test scripts. Must be able to assume the persona of the end-user and critically question gaps in requirements and articulate unintended side-effects of the requirements as relevant.
· Ability to write scripts in both Excel and a testing tool (Dev Ops)
· Ability to manually execute test scenarios for verification purposes, positive and negative testing
· Solid technical knowledge of computer systems and the interaction of people/process/technology
· Bachelor’s degree and or combination of equivalent education and experience in related fields
· 3+ years of Retail Point of Sale Systems testing experience (NCR Aloha preferred)
· 3+ years hands on experience testing in an environment with databases (SQL Server preferred)
Location: 8111 Smith's Mill Road, New Albany, OH 43054
Job Type: Full-time