Acelero Learning Camden/Philadelphia, Inc., NJ/PA
Acelero Learning is a pioneering provider of early childhood education and family engagement services through our three business units, all focused on closing the achievement gap for thousands of Head Start children and families across the country. With over $50 million in revenue and unparalleled child outcome data, we are both one of the largest and one of the most innovative companies in our space.
Acelero Learning has two divisions. Acelero Learning is a direct provider Head Start services in four states (New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Nevada and Wisconsin). Shine Early Learning partners with local organizations to support the delivery of high quality services through Shine Assist and Shine Implement programs.
You’ll achieve positive outcomes by utilizing:
- Work collaboratively with family members, an Assistant Teacher and other staff to achieve positive outcomes for children of all abilities.
- Establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment, including full supervision of children at all times, in accordance with Head Start and childcare licensing requirements.
- Provide classroom experiences that are developmentally, linguistically, culturally and age-appropriate for the children served.
- Ensure classroom arrangement, materials and displays are organized and conducive to children’s learning.
- Document children’s progress through ongoing observation and direct assessment activities; use that data to plan and individualize curriculum.
- Collaborate with Family Services staff to support families as they implement sound family life practices, extend learning into the home, and meet attendance expectations.
- CLASS™ teacher-child interactions
- Research supported Curriculum
- Child assessment tools
- Teacher Success Rubric and Coaching
- State of the art technology and learning methods
- Hours: 12:00 pm-5:00 pm, Monday thru Friday
- Pay: $15.66 per hour.
- Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education OR Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education; state awarded preschool teacher certification with experience teaching preschool aged children; or a Bachelor’s Degree in related field with at least six college courses in Early Childhood Education plus experience teaching preschool aged children
- A passion for impacting the lives of children through educational excellence
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Background in Special Education/Inclusion preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy work place.
- Ability to lift a child weighing 40 pounds, 20 times a day if needed
- Ability to obtain certification in CPR and First Aid
- Pass physical examination, background check, and fingerprinting screen, and maintain required Physical/TB screen requirements
- Intermediate computer literacy in email, word processing and internet navigation