About Our Company:
TIGHITCO, Inc. is an Industry leader in the Design and Fabrication of Engineering Components for Aerospace and Industrial Applications. Our "Design-Build-Low Cost Manufacturing" approach provides our customers with a complete solution to their challenges. Our Lean and Continuous Improvement Philosophy emphasizes efficiency while maintaining the flexibility necessary to support our different Customers. We view our Customers as partners and our goal is to achieve the highest level of Customer Satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes by performing the following duties. Assists in training and leading Manufacturing and Composite Engineers on issues.
- Work hands-on with composite lay-up and bonding personnel in the fabrication of composite and metal bond parts and assemblies.
- Provide technical support and guidance to lay-up and bonding personnel in the fabrication of composite and metal bond parts
- Provide technical material, process and design assistance to the manufacturing departments within the
- company, monitoring, administrating, and resolving technical issues on engineering projects.
- Responsible for composite material qualifications and to develop and implement test plans within the company.
- Establish material specifications, determine test methods and procedures in conjunction with customers and or material suppliers.
- Lead and participate in Kaizan events to solve production/operations problems.
- Evaluate the use adhesives, primers, processing techniques and materials for use within the company.
- Interface with customers on materials and processes issues.
- Provide technical input to assist in the fabrication of tooling and the resolution of tooling issues.
- Lead or assist in customer audits (NADCAP, AS9100, etc.).
- Develop manufacturing processes (Bill of Materials, Work Instructions, Travelers) for sheet metal and composite parts fabrication to customer requirements using customer supplied data (drawing, mylars and tooling). Must meet job release deadlines.
- Lead/Support root cause and corrective action teams.
- Ability to conduct and or oversee standard mechanical testing mechanical testing of composite materials
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Conducts research into and development of innovative processing and fabrication techniques in the application of advanced composite materials (graphite/polyimide, graphite /epoxy, graphite/bismaleimide, thermoplastics) honeycomb cores and adhesives to aerospace structures and vehicles.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required
- Must be “Hands On”.
- Possess a background and knowledge in composite materials and processes (graphite/polyimide, graphite /epoxy, graphite/bismaleimide, thermoplastics, honeycomb cores and adhesives) used in aerospace structures and vehicles.
- Knowledge of industry practices and standards, with a particular focus on the fabrication, qualification and testing of composite materials
- Possess strong organizational and planning abilities.
- Be a self-starter and be able to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints and process specifications.
- Must be familiar with the engineering and processing of composites and bonding processes for both metals and composites.
- Meets commitments, is high energy, self-motivated, works independently, accepts accountability, handles changes, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- Ability to work constructively with a team of manufacturing and quality personnel, engineers and technicians.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write test plans and technical reports.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve technical and practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Epicor software; Excel Spreadsheet software, Word Processing software and CATIA (desired)
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university in aeronautical, chemical or mechanical engineering or material science. In addition, applicants should have seven to ten years of experience in aerospace or related industries.
Not required for this position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stand; walk and sit frequently.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms frequently.
- Lift and/or move up to 10 pounds frequently.
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds seldomly.
- Vision abilities required are close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Authorization / Security Clearance
To be determined on a Program specific basis
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office Area 50% of the time
- Manufacturing Area 50% of the time
- Noise – Moderate to medium noise
- Work near moving mechanical parts 50% of the time
EEO Employer / Vet / Disabled
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Type: Full-time
- aerospace: 7 years (Preferred)