Salary Range: $7,390 - $9,230 per month. In addition, the City provides a Monthly Benefit Allowance of $1,402.
FINAL FILING DATE: TUESDAY, MAY 22, 2018.
The City of Arcadia is seeking a driven, team-oriented, and customer service focused Accounting Supervisor in the Financial Services Division.
Responsibilities of this Position:
The Ideal Candidate Will:
- Supervise payroll, accounts payable, utility billing, internal services and inventory control; including the day-to-day operations, review or preparation of journal entries, and other related accounting transactions.
- Select, train, motivate, and evaluate assigned personnel; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline procedures.
- Supervise, coordinate, and review the work plan of staff; meet with staff to identify and resolve problems; assign work activities and projects; monitor work flow; review and evaluate work products, methods, and procedures.
- Identify opportunities for improving service delivery methods and procedures for accounting, budgeting, reporting, and auditing; review with appropriate management staff; implement improvements.
- Work and communicate with the auditors on the needs and requirements of the City’s financial audits.
- Participate in the planning, implementing, and control of the City’s accounting systems.
- Supervise or prepare various financial statements and quarterly and annual reports for State, Federal, and other government agencies.
- Participate in the development of accounting policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Display leadership characteristic necessary to develop a high-performing team.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and oral communication skills to deliver a high standard of service and professionalism to various contacts.
- Be detail oriented to ensure the precision to overall quality of work.
- Possess a management philosophy that is innovative, solutions-oriented, flexible, and efficient.
- Exercise independent judgment in the completion of duties which are time sensitive.
For a complete description of this position, please visit the City's Job Description page. To view the benefit details for this position, please click here: Benefits Summary.
Five (5) years of responsible accounting experience including three (3) years of supervisory experience.
Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in accounting or a related field.
Ability to work in a standard office environment.
THE SELECTION PROCESS:
Applications will be reviewed and those candidates whose applications indicate they have met minimum qualifications will be further considered to participate in the recruitment process. The selection process may consist of: Application Evaluation
(Qualifying); and Oral Interview
(100%). The City reserves the right to limit the number of interviews conducted. The interview score determines the ranking on the eligibility list and will remain in effect for one year. A pre-employment background and medical examination are additional requirements for hire. Failure on any part of the selection process will result in removal from the recruitment process.
If you have a disability that may require an accommodation in the selection process, please notify Human Resources in writing when you submit your application.