Founded in 1967 by Mamon Powers Sr., Powers & Sons Construction Company Inc., is a highly respected commercial construction company. While corporate headquarters remain in Northwest Indiana, the firm has expanded to include fully staffed offices in Indianapolis, Indiana and Chicago, Illinois. Our commitment to excellence has allowed us to recruit and develop a top-notch team to undertake projects within our core businesses. Powers & Sons offers the highest level of quality construction services including: General Contracting, Construction Management, Design-Build, and Owner's Representative services.
As a mid-size, family-owned General Contractor, Powers & Sons offers our employees the experience of working on large projects while still maintaining the feel of a small collaborative environment. At Powers & Sons, our commitment to not only our clients but also our employees is why for over 50 years we have become a staple in every market we work in.
As we continue to grow and expand, we are searching for an experienced and talented GC Project Manager to join our team.
GC Project Managers are responsible for the overall budget, schedule, and quality of construction projects from bidding through closeout. Our GC Project Managers are expected to work with owners, designers, subcontractors, consultants and all other parties involved with the project while also promoting and exemplify safe work practices.
- Mentor a Project Engineer
- Code and approve invoices
- Create and maintain project budget with respective cost codes
- Process owner and subcontractor billings
- Review all project RFI’s and provide recommendations of options to the architect
- Create and maintain project schedule
- Price, submit, and track all change requests
- Run, keep, record and distribute minutes of OAC and subcontractor project meetings.
- Prepare monthly Project Status Reports (PSR’s)
- Daily communication and coordination of subcontractors
- Proficient understanding of Accounting Software & Reports (Jonas)
- Support business development efforts by maintaining a positive client relationship to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Create and execute an overall safety plan for the project
- Monitor the quality of workmanship on the project
- Address scope discrepancies
- Review Superintendent’s daily log for compliance
- Monitor and maintain safety, schedule, budget and quality of workmanship on the project.
- Ensure Superintendent and Project Engineer are completing their tasks, duties and responsibilities.
- Manage buy-out process
- Manage project closeout
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction, Architecture, or Engineering related major.
- Knowledge of GC construction industry practices, procedures, and market trends.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and the ability to effectively lead a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and resource management skills.
- Dedicated, well-organized, able to plan, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to focus on quality, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Able to work under pressure and maintain professionalism when faced with aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to interact, develop, and maintain a positive professional relationship with all team members.
- A learning leader's mindset; welcomes training and coaching; and assumes responsibility for their own work.
Excellent salary and benefits.
Submit resume and salary requirements for consideration.
Job Type: Full-time
- One location
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off