Responsible for managing the production process from concept to completion for Entertainment projects of various scale, including marquee events, daily park entertainment, placemaking efforts, and other special projects. For each, develops and executes strategies to complete projects on time and on budget while achieving the highest quality of Entertainment. Production Management is accountable for the four main project functions of Financial accountability, Process accountability, Schedule/Calendar accountability & Task Completion accountability.
For large-scale/marquee projects (as assigned), this position has overall accountability to all combined functions project wide; For medium-scale projects (as assigned), this position has overall accountability to all combined functions project wide, with an opportunity to delegate portions of individual (or combined) functions to Assistant Production Managers and Coordinators as appropriate; For small-scale projects (as assigned), this position has the opportunity to delegate significant functions to Assistant Production Managers and Coordinators as appropriate and act as a mentor.
Works with Creative Director and Producer to define concept or program.
Creates and manages project budgets, working with Finance partners on justifications and tracking.
Develops and oversees project timelines, ensuring all necessary milestones are accounted for and completed.
Selects and contracts appropriate outside resources, working with Legal and Sourcing departments on bidding, negotiating, and contracting.
Leads multiple project teams simultaneously, overseeing progress. Works to identify, select, and onboard project staff as required.
With the support of the Producer and/or Creative Director, regularly reviews work scope and progress to ensure quality of final product.
Acts as conduit between project team and Senior Leadership, updating and elevating situations as required.
Works with partner departments to identify and satisfy needs or impacts of project.
Thoroughly document all aspects of projects, compiling/distributing information for inter-departmental records.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 7 years experience in theatrical or entertainment production.
- Strong financial, budgeting, and negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, with confidence to multi-task and delegate as required.
- Working technical knowledge of stage direction, construction, lighting, and audio.
- Strong leadership, communication, and organization skills.
- Must be available to work weekends, holidays, and nights as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Theatre, Performing Arts, Stage Management, Production, or related field
- Solid understanding of production of live entertainment in a theme park environment.
- Ability to achieve results through the flawless execution of strategies and process.
- Ability to identify and communicate creative solutions to challenges, and to maintain a consistent focus on priorities with persistent follow-through.
- Confidence to effectively communicate across all lines of business, and with all levels of management.
- Ability to deal well with ambiguity and constant change, working in fast-paced environments with accelerated production schedules.
- A strong passion to drive high quality results, both end product as well as process.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Universal Studios Hollywood is the Entertainment Capital of L.A. featuring a movie-based theme park and Studio Tour, and bridged by Universal CityWalk, a dynamic entertainment, shopping and dining complex. Universal Studios Hollywood is an industry leader due to its impressive talent base of highly creative professionals who inspire and produce compelling entertainment and innovative attractions that immerse guests in an authentic Hollywood experience. Universal Studios Hollywood’s team of professionals enjoys a unique culture where fun, hard work and high-quality results are priority, resulting in an employee base that is proud to work here. The company offers equally unique opportunities for employees to expand their careers within Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Parks & Resorts, and the broader NBCUniversal family. It’s a big universe, where do you fit in?
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.