Due to growth, Terra Sonic International is seeking Rig Assembly Technicians to join the team! The Rig Assembly Techs assembles components, sub-assemblies, products, or systems according to blueprints, relative to various TERRA SONIC Drilling Rig series. Provides customer service to customers regarding use, maintenance, and repair of drilling rigs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reads work orders, follows production drawings and sample assemblies, or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
- Discusses errors in diagrams or production order with supervisor or engineer to clarify production problems.
- Crimps, screws, bolts, rivets, welds, solders, cements, press fits or performs similar operations to join or secure parts in place.
- Designs, measures, marks and lays out chassis and holes to be drilled per blueprints.
- Mounts assembled components, such as control panels, electric drive motors and other electrical components, on chassis panel.
- Assembles and attaches hardware, such as caps, clamps, knobs and switches, to assemblies.
- Drills and taps holes in specified locations for mounting control units.
- Operates saw and shear.
- Removes burrs, sharp edges, rust or scale from workpiece.
- Performs preventive maintenance such as oiling machines, dies or workpieces.
- Able to perform basic machine operation, e.g., operator drill press, engine lathes, vertical mills, iron worker, etc.
- Able to operate machines such as shears, press break and welder, as required.
- Discusses errors in diagrams or production order with supervisor to clarify production problems.
- Repairs products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping and reassembling parts.
- Demonstrates advanced hydraulic and pneumatic skills as well as advanced water flow knowledge (i.e., making hydraulic hoses)
- Demonstrates functional knowledge of electric over hydraulic controls
- Demonstrates programming, diagnostic, and technical abilities related to digital master control systems (e.g., IQAN System)
- Able to operate and test drilling rigs when assembly completed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates, Licenses, and/or Registrations
- CDL A preferred
- Forklift operator certificate preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- assembler: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)