This position is under the direct supervision of the Project Manager for assigned duties of the Security Department and is responsible for the supervision of the Security Protective Security Officers (PSOs) in Alexandria, VA. The Lieutenant must be able to successfully interact with all Centerra personnel, clients and all visitors.
- Supervise the day to day operations of the security program to include oversight of security officers.
- Provide armed security patrols, access control, personnel escort duties, traffic and parking control, monitoring close circuit television systems, law and order duties, and security and fire safety surveillance.
- Foster the development of a positive and high-performance security team.
- Assist in managing schedules to ensure staffing levels meet Contractual requirements
- Work with the Project Manager to ensure overtime usage is minimal.
- Assist the Project Manager in ensuring security officer qualifications are updated by coordinating applicable training or gathering qualification requirements.
- Providing the Project Manager with regular input on PSO performance, referring any disciplinary actions to PM for disposition.
- Ensuring the safety of the security force by complying with company safety policies and procedures.
- Ensuring timely completion of timesheets (139’s)
- Promoting company's values of integrity, fairness, teamwork, diversity, high ethical standards, and genuine care for co-workers’ visitors and customers.
- Must be in good standing; Minimum of 3 years of successful experience in field supervision with law enforcement or security services.
- Must possess a DHS suitability; or Minimum 3 years security experience within the past 5 years or 3 years military or national guard active duty or reserves
- Must be able to obtain a DHS suitability upon hire (Application will be conducted by Constellis)
- Prior DHS Project PSO experience preferred
- Possess a valid automobile driver's license
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Have the applicable security clearances.
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Heavy work: Exerting up to 200 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must have visual and audio acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment, machines such as fire equipment and apparatuses, firearms and clearing barrels.
- May be subject to outdoor conditions including extreme temperatures and weather
- Subject to high noise levels
- Subject to hazards including a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals
- May be required to be fitted for and/or wear a respirator
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, often without breaks, and may be required to climb stairs or ladders and walk up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Must meet all physical and psychological standards as required by the contract
- Travel may be required