CPA- CAPPS Contract Manager I (00002602)
COMPTROLLER OF PUBLIC ACCOUNTS
Lyndon B Johnson Building (304-00001) 111 E 17th Street Austin 78774
Business and Financial Operations
Standard Hours Per Week:
Yes, 10 % of the Time
State Job Code:
Salary Admin Plan:
Salary (Pay Basis):
6,500.00 - 6,833.33
Number of Openings:
Aug 13, 2018, 3:43:47 PM
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED THROUGH WORK IN TEXAS:
Work In Texas (WIT) applicants must complete the supplemental questions to be considered for the posting. In order to complete the supplemental questions please go to CAPPS Recruit to register or login and access your profile. Go to CAPPS Recruit to Sign In (Link: https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en)
All applications must contain complete job histories, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
Fiscal Management/Statewide Fiscal Systems
Perform advanced (senior-level) contract administration work. Work involves overseeing the execution and administration of contracts for large scope or high-dollar contracts by defining requirements and negotiating, awarding, developing, and monitoring contracts. Works to improve the Centralized Accounting and Payroll/Personnel System (CAPPS) through planning, estimating, and budgeting activities included in scopes of work. Provides oversight, monitoring, and evaluation of vendor performance metrics, reviews and processes approved contract change requests, coordinates deliverables review and acceptance, coordinates issue resolution, and coordinates maintenance activities for CAPPS applications. May assign and/or supervise the work of others. Works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
8 a.m. to 5 p.m., 40-hour workweek, Monday through Friday. May occasionally work evenings, weekends or holiday. Hours may change based on business needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reviews and analyzes contract and procurement documents, business needs, required levels of service, and policies and procedures to effectively monitor contracts. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees the operations and activities of monitoring contract performance, including developing, tracking, monitoring and reporting key metrics, service levels, and vendor performance.
- Oversees vendor progress in developing and implementing corrective action plans as required.
- Facilitates the review of contract deliverables for accuracy, completeness, consistency, and adherence to standards.
- Reviews and analyzes impacts and risks to CAPPS applications
- Coordinate troubleshooting of external and internal issues in a timely manner, including researching issues, determining appropriate course of action to resolve issues, working with vendors to mitigate issues, and communicating status of issues to management.
- Investigates and resolves discrepancies, complaints, and disputes by negotiating settlement agreements or by canceling or terminating contracts.
- Oversees or conducts on-site visits to contractors to examine billings, fiscal data, and eligibility determinations for compliance with terms and contract and agency policies.
Reviews and analyzes contract and procurement documents, business needs, required levels of service, and policies and procedures to effectively administer contracts. Duties include, but are not limited to:
Contract Development, Negotiation and Award:
- Oversees the processing of contract documents to ensure project objectives are satisfied and all related tasks are identified, scheduled, and completed on time.
- Oversees the processing of contract documents to ensure that management understands and authorizes contract terms and payments.
- May identify or forecast cost savings for initial contracts, extensions, and amendments compared to previous contracts.
- Provides input on or prepares the budget; recommends budget allocations for proposed contract agreements; arranges, monitors, and reviews budget allocations with management; and provides budget forecast and proposes alternatives.
- Coordinates with agency management on issues related to processing contract documents.
- Serves as the principal contract liaison between agency management and contractors.
- Plans, develops, and conducts presentations.
- Develops sort- and long-term strategies and goals for the administration of assigned contracts.
- Initiates and oversees special studies or surveys to assess program outcomes for evaluation.
- Reviews and analyzes legislation related to procurement, including tracking legislative bills and assisting with bill analysis.
Reviews and analyzes business requirements, required levels of service, policies and procedures, legislation, project proposals and estimates, contracts, and statements of work to develop contract and procurement documents, review vendor responses, negotiate contract terms, and award contracts. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees or prepares the scope of work, specifications, and conditions for new contracts and contract amendments; prepares contracts and procurement documents; leads negotiation strategies; evaluates vendor responses to solicitations; and awards new
contracts or contract amendments.
- Assists in the planning and submitting of budget requests and justifications.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor’s degree.
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems or management information systems.
Five (5) years of work experience with contract administration, management, evaluation, or monitoring of contract providers on Information Technology contracts.
Experience working with or providing oversight of any of the following:
- Texas state agency contracts governing the Centralized Accounting and Payroll/Personnel System (CAPPS)
- Texas State Government Information Technology contracts
- Contracts for PeopleSoft HCM/FIN applications 9.1 or above
- Vendor management in a large scale, multi-tenant datacenter environment
- Contract management of Cloud Services
- ITIL processes and tools
One additional year of experience with contract administration, management, evaluation, or monitoring of contract providers on Information Technology contracts may substitute for thirty semester hours of the required experience with a maximum substitution of 120 semester hours (four years).
Certified Texas Contract Manager (CTCM) preferred. Must currently hold a CTCM certificate or obtain one within twelve (12) months of employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the incumbent to primarily perform sedentary office work; however, mobility (standing and walking) is routinely required to carry out some duties. It requires extensive computer, telephone and client/customer contact. It requires the ability to bend, stoop, kneel, and reach as needed for filing and similar routine office duties. The job also requires normal cognitive abilities requiring the ability to learn, recall, and apply certain practices and policies. It requires the stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions. Marginal or corrected visual and auditory requirements are required for reading printed materials and computer screens and communicating with internal and external customers.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- experience bringing technology and business staff together to meet project goals
- information technology project management principles, concepts and practices
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Batch Scheduling Tools
- File and System Monitoring Tools
- Performance Monitoring Tools
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Processes
- PeopleSoft (PS)
- Contracts utilizing Managed Services agreements
- Service Level Agreements
- Contract Management and Oversight
- Using project management software
- Developing process models and data flow diagrams
- Conflict management and resolution
- Effectively conveying information and encouraging an exchange of ideas (Communication)
- Identifying, defining and solving problems (Problem Solving)
IMPORTANT NOTES TO THE CANDIDATE:
- Foster collaborative relationships across organizational lines
- Demonstrate appropriate level of confidence and urgency in taking action
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail/accuracy
- Work with others to achieve a common goal (Teamwork)
- Adjust to changing workplace demands (Adaptability)
- Meet the needs and expectations of internal and external customers (Customer Service)
- Effectively demonstrate skill and ability to perform the specific job duties and tasks as defined by a job description (Technical Competence)
- Be dependable, meet deadlines and produce high-quality work (Workload Management/Productivity)
Candidates may be asked to participate in a skills demonstration and/or presentation.
Salary is contingent upon qualifications and is subject to salary administration and budgetary restrictions.
CPA employees in the same job classification, if selected, will be laterally transferred with no increase in salary. (An example might be an Accounts Examiner III in Revenue Administration who moves to an Accounts Examiner III in the Enforcement division.)
Complete copies of college transcripts must be furnished to the divisional hiring representative at the time of the interview for positions requiring a college degree, and/or specific educational credits.
Veterans, Reservist or Guardsmen with an MOS or additional duties that fall in the fields of 51, 651X, 28, 35, MGT16, 3006, 6C0X1, 64PX, 6C, 64 or other related fields pertaining to the minimum experience requirements may meet the minimum qualifications. Please call Human Resources, CPA Veterans Liaison at 512-475-3560/800-531-5441 for more information or assistance.
Additional Military Crosswalk information can be found at:
We fully recognize, honor and enforce the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) and encourage opportunities to hire Veterans, Reservists and Guardsmen.
Unless otherwise indicated on specific postings, regular attendance is an essential job requirement of all positions. Your application for employment with the Comptroller of Public Accounts may subject you to a criminal background check. All positions requiring a degree and/or licensing require proof of degree and/or license at time of interview. If you are scheduled for an interview and require any reasonable accommodation in our interview process, please inform the hiring representative who calls you to schedule your interview. Whenever possible, please give the hiring representative sufficient time to consider and respond to your request. Only applicants scheduled for interviews will be contacted.
Thank you for considering employment at the Comptroller of Public Accounts! The Comptroller’s office is an equal employment opportunity employer.