Gastro Health, LLC is seeking a Part-Time, Infusion Nurse to join our Biologics department in the Orlando, FL area. This position will administer medication, record medical information and coordinate with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care plans.
Gastro Health, LLC is the largest gastroenterology multi-specialty group in the US (FL, AL, WA, VA), with over 70+ locations throughout the country. We employ the finest gastroenterologists, pediatric gastroenterologists, colorectal surgeons, and allied health professionals. We are always looking for individuals that share our mission to provide outstanding medical care and an exceptional healthcare experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to our eligible employees, which includes: Health, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Life insurance, 401k, Profit Sharing Plan, Short & Long-term disability, HSA, FSA and Corporate Holidays.
Are you ready to be a part of the Gastro Health family? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
- Administer medications to patients and monitor patients for reactions or side effects.
- Record patients' medical information and vital signs.
- Monitor, record, and report symptoms or changes in patients' conditions.
- Consult and coordinate with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, or evaluate patient care plans.
- Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patients' responses and conditions.
- Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity.
- Direct or supervise less-skilled nursing or healthcare personnel
- Prepare patients for and assist with examinations or treatments.
- Instruct individuals, families, or other groups on infusion medication and medical condition
- Assess the needs of individuals, families, or communities, including assessment of individuals' home or work environments, to identify potential health or safety problems.
- Consult with institutions or associations regarding issues or concerns relevant to the practice and profession of nursing.
- Conduct specified laboratory tests.
- Direct or coordinate infection control programs, advising or consulting with specified personnel about necessary precautions.
- Administer & maintain accurate records related to medications/ treatments as per regulatory bodies, policies and procedures.
- Follow prescribed medical regimen and implements orders accurately as evidenced by documentation; enters, reviews and updates computer data as per Gastro Health standards.
- Practice safe patient handling.
- Clearly communicates the plan of care in a timely manner to patient/ family & the appropriate team members using available tools; recognizes, reports and documents pertinent information
- Resolve conflict by means of open communication; modifies communication to address needs.
- Use best practices in transitions in care
- Maintain positive professional interactions & working relationships.
- Recognize subtle changes in patient’s condition & immediately reports to appropriate personnel
- Able to accurately define issues & identify the critical components; able to analyze, understand and respond to problems & changes effectively
- Part-Time, weekends off
- State of the art facility
- Excellent support staff employed by Gastro Health
- Competitive compensation
- RN licensure in the State of Florida
- National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing
- 3-5 years' of prior experience as a pediatric RN
- Bilingual a plus (Spanish)
- E-Clinical Works (eCW) experience is a plus
- GI experience is a plus
- Infusion setting experience is a plus
- Pediatric infusion setting experience is a plus
Job Type: Part-time
- eClinicalWorks: 1 year (Preferred)
- Infusion: 1 year (Preferred)
- FL State RN (Preferred)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)