We are seeking a professional full-time Medical Assistant for our office located in Annapolis, MD. We are looking for a team member that has strong communication skills, perform in a fast paced environment and smile! Patient care and customer service is vitally important to our success and all our team members are expected to give 100% towards that goal. The Medical Assistant is responsible for providing clinical support to the physicians in the office.
Medical Assistant - MA Responsibilities:
- Prepare and clean exam rooms in the clinical area for patient care daily, including stocking of all necessary supplies.
- Take X-Rays
- Escorts patients to exam rooms and enters patient information into our EMR.
- Assists physician with the preparation for procedures and dispensing of Durable Medical Equipment and patient education.
- Prepare specimens, log and coordinate pick up
- Autoclave and cleaning of all instruments
- Triage patient calls for pharmacy requests, test results, medical questions and concerns as directed by the physician; documenting outcomes in our Electronic Medical Record.
- Assists in maintenance of all logs and records for OSHA/MOSHA.
- Adheres to and follows sterilization and disinfection practices throughout the facility.
- Adheres to bio-hazardous or red bag waste policy and procedure for proper disposal of biomedical waste.
- Schedule follow up appointments.
- Answer phones and triage calls.
- Perform other office duties as assigned by manager.
Medical Assistant Requirements:
- Minimum of 1 year preferred but will train. Podiatry experience is a plus.
- Phlebotomy is required.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Computer proficiency and prior experience with Electronic Medical Records system is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Medical Assistant Benefits:
- $14 - $15 depending on experience
- Paid Holidays plus 64 hours of unified leave after 90 days
- 5 days of uniforms and 2 pairs of shoes after 90 days
- Free parking/1 office location
- Access to discounted health care plan
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $15.00 /hour
- Podiatry: 1 year
- Phlebotomy: 1 year
- High school or equivalent