Come and join the Flipz Family!
Flipz chocolate covered pretzels have been produced locally in Mohnton, PA for over 15 years! Flipz has grown into an iconic brand, loved and recognized across the globe. Join our Flipz Family in “bringing happiness to the world with every bite!"
Responsible for achieving standards and being certified for all activities associated with equipment's successful operation. Able to handle routine duties and more complex duties related to set up, operation, changeovers, assembly/disassembly, cleaning, and safety. Performs all Production Operator Support and Packaging Specialist job duties as required.
Key Accountabilities & Deliverables:
- Responsible for achieving standards for all activities associated with the successful operation of machines/equipment.
- Required to read, understand, and follow all customer specifications.
- Handles routine and complex responsibilities with limited supervision, including assembly/disassembly, metal detection, and changeovers
- Recommends suggestions for improvements.
- Immediately reports any safety, food safety, maintenance, production, or quality problem to the supervisor.
- Leads team on his/her machine, including assigning employees to positions, rotating employees through various duties, and resolving line problems on their own or escalating to the leadership team.
- Responsible for compliance to food quality and food safety requirements - including correct date codes, product specifications, metal detection, and all associated paperwork.
- Accountable for the successful training of new team members.
- Monitors and tracks productivity/quality and seeks opportunities to maximize line effectiveness.
- As needed, perform all Production Operator Support or Packaging Specialist job duties.
Skills & Experience:
- Positive, hard-working demeanor
- Mathematical skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Machine set up, troubleshooting, changeover experience preferred
- Previous experience with SQF and FDA regulations preferred
- $16.00+, dependent on experience
- Performance is reviewed annually to determine merit increases.
- Internal training and promotion opportunities to develop skills and increase earnings.
- Immediately eligible for Quarterly Bonus Program based on performance and attendance.
- Frequent opportunities for additional overtime.
- Eligible for benefits after 60 days
- Three choices for health insurance plans, including employer contribution to Health Savings Account
- 401k Match after 90 days
- Paid Vacation
pladis is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion, or any other classification protected by law.
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List. If you are a recruitment agency and wish to submit a candidate to be considered for this vacancy, you must have agreed to and signed our terms of business.
We will not accept CVs from any other sources other than those currently on our PSL. We will not pay a fee for any candidate that has not been represented by a provider on our PSL.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 per hour