Job Title: Greeter
Reports to: Studio Manager
About the Company
We believe yoga is for everybody and it is our mission to help people lead healthier lives by helping people connect their minds and their bodies to center themselves and achieve a sense of calm. Our highly trained, passionate teachers and staff make yoga accessible to people of all ages and abilities in an inclusive and non-judgmental environment that is community-oriented. Our first studio opened 30 years ago and we are expanding, primarily through the acquisition of new studios. To help fund our growth, we completed an initial public offering and are the first yoga instruction to be publicly traded (NASDAQ: YOGA). We are a people-oriented business and offer students an amazing service year-round. Corporate and regional teams support our studio teams who both deliver our unique, authentic, high quality experience and drive the important sales and marketing efforts that build our local communities. Additional programming of workshops, teacher training and our online video subscription service, MyYogaWorks.com, round out our offering.
About the Role
The Greeter is a key role in establishing a relationship with our studio customers and visitors. This person welcomes students into the studio and sets the tone for their experience. The successful candidate must love being involved with customers, enjoy selling products and deliver consistently strong customer service. Person must be an energetic team player with a positive attitude to help the students have a positive experience and help the studio run as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Welcome all visitors according to our Customer Service standards; answer telephone promptly and courteously
- Check students into class/workshop/etc through software system (MindBody Online or equivalent software)
- Assist students by guiding them through our programs and answering their questions (or find the answers to questions if not known)
- Be knowledgeable about products, programs and pricing (Yoga, workshops, Teacher Training, Retail,etc) and actively promote and sell to all visitors
- Ensure all students complete all paperwork/forms as appropriate
- Keep common areas neat and clean: prepare tea area, clean studio rooms, empty trash and tidy props between classes efficiently and quickly
- Work with studio staff to support the financial goals and operational needs of the studio
- Report any issues per our procedures
- Keep the retail area looking great which includes keeping it clean and re-merchandising products to attract customer’s attention. Receive and transfer merchandise as appropriate. Pro-actively watch for theft to avoid shrinkage.
- Follows and upholds Employee Handbook and all other guidelines including but not limited to: Customer Service Guidelines, Dress Code Guidelines, Core Values, etc.
- Any other tasks required to help company meet its goals
- Experience working in a customer service role
- Experience working in retail, yoga, fitness, and/or health industry a plus
- Highly energetic, positive and enthusiastic team player
- Ability to multi-task and function in a fast-paced environment, often with changing priorities given the number of students entering and exiting the studio at similar times
- Passion for the product we sell (i.e. yoga/fitness) and ability to understand and clearly communicate the different products/programs we offer
- Must be customer focused and deliver company’s high level of customer service at all times in a professional, courteous, sensitive and friendly manner
- Ability to stay calm at all times and act respectfully and professionally, even with customers who may become angry or raise their voices
- Dependable, accountable and responsible with excellent attendance and punctuality
- Proactive problem solver; detail-oriented
- Comfortable working in a sales-driven environment
- Flexible schedule
- Comfortable with computers and effective at learning and using the necessary software products (i.e. Mind Body Online, email, Google documents, spreadsheets,etc)
This position does not supervise any direct reports.
This job primarily operates in a yoga studio but may involve work within the community and/or other locations. Not all locations have elevators or offer physically-disabled access. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
- Physically able to walk and monitor students’ movement, provide students with hands-on adjustments to correct alignment and facilitate challenging exercises, as is frequently required.
- Able to demonstrate exercises relevant to class style, as is frequently required.
- Physically able to lift and carry 1-10 lb. equipment
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust and focus.
- Strong verbal skills (proficient in English)
- Must be able to effectively hear in person and via telephone.
YogaWorks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, YogaWorks complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Note: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job as they may change at any time with or without notice.
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
1 year: Customer Service
Less than 2 years: Sales