The Administrative Assistant is often the face of the church and the first point of contact for members, visitors, community members, and service personnel doing business with or seeking services from the church. As such, the person in this role must be friendly, joyful, patient, kind, and helpful. The position comes with a wide variety of responsibilities that must be completed each week, but the very nature of the position requires flexibility as events and needs vary greatly from week to week. While under the supervision of the Senior Minister, the Administrative Assistant serves the needs of all ministry staff, ministry leaders and church members. Below are the requirements all potential candidates must posses. A detailed job description will be given should an in-person interview be scheduled. Applications should be made through this site. Do Not contact the church office with inquiries.
- High School Diploma Required
- Associates or Bachelors degree preferred
- 2 years minimum experience in clerical work, as a secretary or administrative assistant is required
- Must be proficient at typing
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically in Word, Publisher, PowerPoint and Outlook with some experience in Excel.
- Experience and working knowledge of Adobe’s suite of software not required but definitely a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple calendars utilizing Google Calendars
- Ability to proof read own work as well as the work of others for spelling and grammatical errors.
- Must have excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Must be able to professionally and tactfully screen calls.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Must have a friendly personality and enjoy working with the public
- Experience with doing content updates on a website template a plus
- Eagerness and drive to learn new things and to self-teach.
- Flexibility in being able to take on special projects on short notice while still completing required, weekly tasks.
- Ability to speak Spanish is not required but a major plus
- The person filling the position will be working for a church in an obvious Christian environment. The expectation for all staff is that they will at all times conduct both their professional and personal life in a Christ-like manner.
- Must be an active member of a local church and able to provide a letter from church leadership stating as much.
- Must live life in accordance with Biblical moral standards.
- The vast majority of the work responsibilities will require sitting behind a desk in a typical office environment working at a computer. There are ample opportunities to stand, walk, and move about in the course of a work day.
- Movement around the facility and grounds will sometimes be required including stairs.
- Light lifting of 25lbs or less will be necessary to handle office supplies and materials.
- Current office hours are M-Th 8:30 - 4:30, F 8:30-3:00
- This is a 40 hour/wk position so there is some flexibility in the schedule to be negotiated with individual candidate
- Special occasions may require working outside of normal office hours but within the 40 hrs/ wk
- $14-$18/hr depending on experience and individuals choice of optional health insurance.
- Health Insurance option available
- 2 weeks paid vacation annually
- 1 personal day annually
- 5 sick days annually
- 9 paid holidays incl. one floating day
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
- clerical work: 2 years (Required)
- Administrative Assistant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)