Job Description :GENERAL OVERVIEW:
Summer Internship for May-August 2019 in the Talent Acquisition department of Highmark Health.
As our employment brand intern, you’ll have the opportunity to apply your marketing, branding, communication, social media, and human resources skills to help communicate and promote the Highmark Health enterprise employment experience.
You’ll work closely with the employment brand manager and talent acquisition team to develop and execute various employment branding & communication projects (social media, careers website, employee engagement, creative & content development, and recruitment marketing & brand measurement).
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
This job has the goal of providing the opportunity to acquire practical experience through direct exposure to the related business line(s) and to develop the next generation of diverse business professionals. To that end, the program will provide hands-on training and experience in the business line, expose the various career opportunities in the business line and related areas, and prepare participants for positions in the business.
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Assists the delivery of Highmark Health’s enterprise employer branding and messaging strategy
Assists with the social media and digital media strategy & content through various channels including Facebook, Glassdoor, LinkedIn, Twitter, careers website and other niche online spaces; coordinate content and schedule with social media team.
Assists with the Employee Referral Program (ERP)
Full or part-time enrollment in an accredited college or university baccalaureate program.
Pursuing degree in human resources, marketing, communications or related field.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Communicate effectively. This position displays effective communication skills while performing the following functions:
- Interacting directly with colleagues, clientele, and/or other internal or external constituencies in the planning of assignments and the resolution of day-to-day operational problems.
2) Under supervision, provide entry-level professional services as appropriate to the day-to-day operating objectives of the area. Receives guidance, training, and mentoring from senior personnel in planning and carrying out activities and assignments.
3) Undertake and/or participates in projects and programs designed to develop professional skills and expertise appropriate to the needs of the organization.
4) Participates in the planning and implementation of unit projects and initiatives within area of expertise and ability.
5) As specifically requested by management, conducts research and reporting inclusive of recommendations or alternative proposals for action.
6) Undertakes related studies or enrichment programs as appropriate to the specific objectives of the operating unit.
7) Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org