- Provide courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members.
- Ability to load and unload store merchandise, working retail floor and in/out of fridge/freezer.
- Keep your department clean, stocked, and well organized.
- May periodically take physical count of stock or check and mark merchandise.
- Compare merchandise invoices to items actually received to ensure that shipments are correct.
- Move products that are expiring with sales. Check frequently for expiration dates.
- Knowledge of the shelving sets and ability to adhere to the standard sets.
- Answers department telephone calls with excellent phone etiquette.
- Ensures proper signage including placement, up to date, with correct tags and price underneath each item.
- Ensure items are not only tagged properly, but are also ringing up properly.
- Always ensure safe and clean work area
- Ability to communicate with associates, management, and customers
- Comprehensive knowledge of merchandise
- Able to visually examine products for quality and freshness
- Oral communication, organization, supervising
- Ability to work under pressure and multi tasks
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures
- Ability to sell and communicate effectively with customers
- Capable of teaching others in a constructive and positive manner
- Ability to take criticism constructively
- A desire to learn about natural and organic foods and products
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Stand and walk for extended period of time
- Can climb stairs and ladders
- Bend and lift up to 50lbs properly
- Use of pallet jacks or other heavy machinery
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 to $14.00 /hour
- Merchandising: 1 year (Preferred)
- retail: 1 year (Preferred)
- Kailua-Kona, HI (Preferred)