Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Environmental Planner/Deputy Project Manager
Los Angeles, Irvine or Corona, CA
ICF is currently seeking an Environmental Planner/Deputy Project Manager for CEQA/NEPA and other environmental compliance documents to be based in our Los Angeles, Irvine, or Corona, CA office.
The primary duties of the Environmental Planner/Deputy Project Manager are to independently manage smaller projects and assist senior project managers with larger projects and program coordination, along with development of environmental impact analyses for infrastructure (transportation, energy, water), development, and planning projects. At a minimum, the position requires serving as a lead or supporting author for CEQA and NEPA documents, coordinating multidisciplinary teams, conducting research, preparing technical documents/deliverables, and potentially interfacing with external clients and public/private agencies. This role may entail simultaneously supporting multiple project managers in various roles, across offices, and on a variety of project types, but with particular focus on transportation and other infrastructure projects located in the greater Los Angeles area. Clear written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work productively in a team environment are key traits for success in this role.
- Serve as a supporting or lead technical author on CEQA and NEPA documents.
- Serve as a deputy project manager on medium to larger-sized projects/programs, assisting with the preparation of CEQA/NEPA documents, reports, presentations, technical memoranda, public notices, forms, and other work products.
- Conduct research; write proficiently; and manage multiple project schedules with competing deadlines and budget constraints.
- Provide support to key sector clients, including interest and availability to function as on-site client staff.
- Strictly adhere to professional standards, including but not limited to: demonstrating consistency and reliability, timeliness in meeting project deadlines, communicating clearly and concisely, and working responsibly – on a team or independently.
- Master’s degree or higher in urban planning, transportation/transit planning, environmental studies, or related field.
- 3+ years of professional work related experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of environmental planning and other environmental principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, including attention to detail.
- Commitment to producing high quality work within established budgets and schedules.
- Strong work ethic with a positive attitude.
- Ability to exercise tact and courtesy working with internal and external staff.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) and Microsoft Project.
- Experience preparing environmental analyses for CEQA/NEPA documents.
- Experience in a private environmental consulting or public agency environment.
- Work experience and familiarity with planning projects/programs in the Los Angeles area.
- Work experience with transportation/transit agencies, state/county/city planning agencies, or regulatory agencies in the State of California.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Pay Transparency Statement: For more information, please click here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Los Angeles, CA (CA72)