Located in Manhattan, The New York Proton Center (NYPC) is one of the most unique and respected clinical partnerships in the world of proton therapy. The collaboration between Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Montefiore Medical Center and Mount Sinai Health System brings state of the art proton therapy treatment to the patients of New York and the surrounding areas. The Consortium is managed by ProHEALTH Medical management, LLC.
Our team at NYPC is comprised of highly motivated, passionate, professional and engaged individuals working together as a dynamic team to deliver an exceptional level of patient care, providing the most advanced proton therapy technology. We offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits package with flexibility for growth and career advancement.
If you meet the criteria and would like to be a part of our collaborative, innovative and patient focused team, please apply with a cover letter and copy of your resume, or CV, to the current opportunity listed below.
The Nurse Intake Coordinator provides clinical triage for appropriateness of proton therapy. The Nurse Intake Coordinator will directly communicate with new and prospective patients about proton therapy and facilitate patient visits. This person will be responsible for ensuring that the referral processes for all New York Proton Center patients are complete and effective.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initial clinical triage for appropriateness of proton therapy
- Preparation of clinical materials for tumor board review with recommendations
- Answer questions about proton therapy for patients calling or emailing NYPC
- Register new patients into company database and collect patient information
- Determine the correct physician for the patient to have an initial consult with
- Determine which clinically necessary medical records are need or missing
- Communicate with referring providers/offices, as necessary
- Coordinate with NYPC partner hospitals for non-proton appropriate patients
- Comply with all New York Proton Center policies related to Privacy Rules established under the Health Information Privacy and Portability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- Perform other job-related duties, as assigned
- Nursing license, required
- Minimum of three-year nursing or clinical intake experience, required
- Oncology or radiation oncology experience, preferred
- Strong data entry skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
The New York Proton Center (NYPC) strives to maintain a workplace that accepts and appreciates the differences among our employees. The company will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, status with respect to public assistance or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.