This position will assist in day to day as well as long range department operations including direct staff supervision, budget preparation, employee reviews, project development and reassessment as governed by South Carolina State laws and regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Primarily manages the work of the commercial appraisers who are responsible for establishing value of commercial real property for ad valorem tax purposes.
- Management of residential appraisers or other staff is limited but may occur.
- Must monitor a number of appraisal and administrative tasks performed by commercial appraisal staff.
- Trains new commercial appraisers and coaches/mentors the development of existing staff.
- Develops and tests commercial computer models to produce mass appraisal commercial property values via the income and sales approaches.
- Handles taxpayer inquiries.
- Monitors productivity.
- Ensures that office and legal deadlines are met.
- Reviews commercial and residential appraisals for appeal and litigation purposes.
- Completes employee performance evaluations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
- Commercial Property Appraisal: 7 years (Required)
- management/supervisor: 3 years (Required)
- SC Real Estate Appraisal Board Certified (Required)
- driver's (Required)