Our client in Seattle is looking for a Staff Accountant. The ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running with learning some of the routine procedures and focus on getting cash balance sheet recs current. We are looking for someone who can take a critical look at some of the processes and reconciliation procedures currently being utilized and be able to keep watch for areas of improvement or point out where inefficiencies currently exist that are contributing to any backlog.
Your Next Challenge
- Maintain the general ledger by creating journal entries
- Prepare, analyze, and present monthly/quarterly variances for selected balance sheet and income statement accounts, partnering closely with other functional leaders
- Prepare monthly and quarterly account reconciliations
- Conduct moderately complex accounting activities
- Support other ad hoc projects as needed
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA preferred, with 3+ years accounting experience
- Ability to work productively in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Performs work under direct to limited supervision following prescribed procedures
- Demonstrates basic to intermediate technical accounting ability and challenges current process/reports for continuous improvement
- Experience with Oracle and Hyperion preferred
- Strong Excel skills
This is a contract position thru June 2020 with the ability to extend. Could potentially convert to a permanent position for the right person.
Blake Rian Consulting offers unparalleled hiring services to place the right people with the right companies. Whether you are looking to hire new staff or find your next career we’re happy to offer you our services.
We firmly believe it is not about putting someone in the seat. It is about finding the right fit.