Marketing and Communications Specialist
Nardin Park United Methodist Church (NPUMC) is seeking for immediate hire, a part-time
(20 Hours/Wk) Marketing and Communications Specialist.
We are looking for someone who can help us create consistent, cohesive, and effective messaging throughout all ministries within the church. You should be able to:
- Create and manage a communications strategy and system that can be leveraged by all church ministries.
- Help define and shape Nardin Park’s brand, including development and management of standard graphics, document formats, and a style guide to be used by all ministries.
- Craft cohesive messaging that ensures consistency across ministries via multiple platforms including, but not limited to: website, print, social media, video, and e-mail.
- Create a weekly worship guide template, e-mail update template, and newsletter template.
- Redesign website and update as needed.
- Create social media posts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube), and print marketing for ministries and special events as needed.
- Create graphics as needed for print and online communications.
- Coordinate participation by NPUMC’s congregation in messaging across platforms through the creation of shareable posts and hashtags.
- Coordinate visual documentation of special events with church members to help share with the community and the world, what it means to be a part of NPUMC.
- Coordinate with local media outlets (print, radio, TV, and online) to promote special events as appropriate.
Qualifications and Experience
- Communication is your strong suit, both oral and written.
- Experience working in a church or similar environment.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Ability to build and nurture relationships with staff, clergy, and the congregation.
- Self-starter who is able to work independently, but ready to respond if an assignment comes up.
- Bachelor’s degree or coursework toward a degree or equivalent experience in Journalism, English, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or a related field is preferred.
- Experience with Social Media and Modern Search Engine Optimization.
- Strong software skills, especially with graphic design (e.g. Adobe, etc.) and content management and communications tools (e.g. WordPress, MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc.) as well as presentation software (Microsoft Power Point and Pro Presenter).
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, three (3) references and any other supportive materials to Kyle Webber. Applications will be received and reviewed until the position is filled.
Job Type: Part-time