Are you looking for an opportunity to combine your technical skills with big picture thinking to make an impact in national security? You understand your customer’s environment and how to develop the right systems for their mission. Your ability to translate real-world needs into technical specifications, makes you an integral part of delivering a customer focused engineering solution.
As a system administrator on our team, you have the chance to shape the future of the Army. Your customer will trust you to provide daily hands-on delivery as a member of a dynamic software development team supporting a wide range of technical objectives across multiple platforms. On our team, you’ll be able to broaden your skillset into areas like virtualization containerization with Docker. You will also utilize your years of experience in executing system administrative functions that leverage your knowledge of transmission control protocol/internet protocol (TCP/IP) and information security and authorization profiles. You’ll conduct server installations, upgrades, troubleshooting, and maintenance. You’ll monitor system configurations and test the operating system software, networking software, computer hardware, and procedures relating to data backup and recovery. Join our team and create the future of our warfighters.
Empower change with us.
Build Your Career:
When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with other professionals doing similar work across multiple markets. You’ll share best practices and work through challenges as you gain experience and mentoring to develop your career. In addition, you will have access to a wealth of training resources through our Engineering & Science University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 tech courses, certifications and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site courses, vendor relationships, and a network of experts who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
Nice If You Have:
- 3+ years of experience installing, configuring, and administering network servers, workstations, switches, and routers
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.2, Windows OS, Windows Server 2008 R2 and later variants, and VMware
- Experience installing information assurance vulnerability alert (IAVA) updates to ensure information assurance (IA) compliance and standards
- Experience in working with project managers, program offices, and other stakeholders throughout the DoD
- Top Secret clearance
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science or Mathematics
- Security+ or CISSP Certification
- Experience with supporting a program of record
- Experience with signal processing and sensors on aerial platforms, preferred
- Experience with Powershell scripting
- Knowledge of system engineering processes, procedures, and best practices
- Knowledge of current and future Army intelligence systems and the architecture, protocols, security, network management, and physics underlying these systems
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- TS/SCI clearance, preferred
- BA or BS degree in an engineering or technical discipline
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Top Secret clearance is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.