Full Job Description
At Alameda Alliance for Health (Alliance) we are striving each day to create a healthier community and to improve the quality of life of our members throughout our diverse County. As a part of our mission, we collaborate with our provider partners to address social determinants of health and to deliver high quality, accessible, and affordable health care services.
This position responds to day to day HR requests for help and assistance. Works closely with the other employees in HR. Builds relationships with managers and employees of the Alliance providing information (Employment, Benefits, Compensation. Serves as back-up to the Executive Director of HR or Designee.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Organization expects job performance to be consistent with its vision and mission. Day to day work is focused on these key performance areas. Percentages of time are estimates based upon observation in the position.
1. Handles employee relations issues. Sit in investigations/questioning meetings. Advises, coaches and recommends action to managers. Involves Compliance in final dismissal actions.
( 25% of time)
2. Responsible for the recruiting process working closely with hiring departments and the Recruiter. Coordinate with staffing agencies and pre-screening of placements.
( 10% of time)
3. Develops HR procedures and practices manuals.
( 10% of time)
4. Identifies challenges in the organization requiring HR solutions. Advises leadership on HR laws and trends.
( 10% of time)
5. Oversees benefits, leaves of absences, workers’ compensation, safety, onboarding, recruitment and Affirmative Action Plan and compensation.
( 10% of time)
6. Facilities open enrollment, audits, coordination of benefit vendors and workshops with various vendors.
(25% of time)
7. Participates in Employee Relations meetings with employees and managers, documenting discussions, terminations, performance and leave issues. Handles unemployment claims
(10% of time)
8. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience.
Five years broad HR generalist experience at company with 100 plus employees.
Three to Five years experience with Human Resource Information Systems, report management and ELS.
Solid employment law knowledge with experience working in California specific employment law.
Excellent organization skills
Strong conceptual, analytical, research, problem solving and presentation abilities
Ability to manage multiple task simultaneously
Three to Five years previous supervisory experience is a plus.
Demonstrates customer service skills, builds relationships, and proactively respects others. Communicates effectively. Assured. Adept negotiator and
reliable business partner. Facilitates teamwork with a strategic view. Skills used 50% to 80% of time.
Work guided by broad areas of accountability. Free to identify problems and decide best course of action. Decisions based on business objectives and complexities may influence organization strategy. Unusual situations are reviewed with a senior manager.
Apply basic business, scientific, or technical principles to routine and moderately complex problems.
Required Mental and Physical Effort.
Concentrates and pays close attention to skilled jobs with frequent interpersonal contact between 20% and 50% of time. Requires adaptability.
Stand or sit, walk, and lift under 10 pounds.
Management or Supervisory Responsibility.
Pleasant, well-lighted area with comfortable temperature and without
significant amounts of dust, fumes or odors. Unavoidable accidents and
health hazards are unlikely.
Special Skills/Certifications/Knowledge Required.
HR Certification highly preferred. Microsoft Office. HRIS.
Equipment Experience Required:
Basic office equipment.
Salary Rang - $89,360 - $134,050/annually
Alameda Alliance for Health is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.