Position Summary: This position is responsible for generating new business and maintaining existing clients/corporate accounts through primarily Food Truck, other offsite and special events.
- Must have at least 3 years of restaurant management experience within a multi-unit organization or a non traditional venue. Catering sales and management experience also preferred
- Bachelors degree in Hospitality Management, Business or a related field
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and manage Food Truck vehicle (maintenance and servicing) and related operations compliance, e.g. health department=Direct supervision of staff assigned with every Non-Traditional event (Food Truck, private and corporate Catering events)
- Main contact internally and externally with client prior to any Non-Traditional event and leads with hands-on involvement the overall set-up and execution of events
- Communicates with relevant departments and restaurants to ensure maximizing overall Non-Traditional business, maintaining its inventory, and staffing and delivering events exceeding client expectations
- Responsible for budget management and profitability of the Non-Traditional venues
- Develops client menus, writes contracts, letters and BEOs, as well as organizes all other arrangements related to each event, including Website and Menu Board
- Participate in Marketing activities such as promotional planning, identifying competitive set, and setting event minimums.
- Achieves business revenue goals by developing, building and maintaining excellent client business and relationships through community involvement, local chambers, business and social organizations, cold calls, response to online inquiries, presentations, networking events and cultivating client database
- Follows up on any Non-Traditional guest issues and ensures proper and timely service recovery
- Ensures compliance with all policies and guidelines provided by the company with regards to menu specifications, pricing, discounting, promotional items, concessions, etc.
- Provide timely, accurate and complete reports on sales and other information required
Completes other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Strong guest service and retention skills
- Great prospecting skills with ability to learn quickly
- Great problem solving and priority setting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills with external and internal parties
- Accountability/Drive for results
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills are a must
- Proficient in Microsoft Office to develop presentations and reports
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Compensation (DOE)
- Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Pay, (PSL) Paid Sick Leave
- Health Insurance benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision and Life)
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to whether conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and consistent with an office environment.
Job Type: Full-time