Description: The Transport Operator performs activities necessary for timely pick-up, sorting, and delivering of various items of hospital equipment, supplies, lab specimens, and mail. Will be required to make daily service checks prior to operating the vehicle. Typical Duties:
Exhibits an awareness of safety requirements and practices in everyday tasks.
Maintains a positive, responsible attitude for the department activities as well as their own job responsibilities.
Conducts everyday operations with minimal supervision or guidance.
Transport of patients to healthcare and medically related appointments using a district vehicle.
Maintains the network vehicle in a neat and safe condition.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Valid Texas Driver’s license.
- Completion of defensive driver training course within the past two years (May be obtained subsequent to hire).
- Completion of CPR certification required; may be obtained subsequent to hire.
- No accidents driving a two or four wheel motor vehicle in the past two years.
- No record of DUI or reckless driving.