Passionate about the earning potential of leading a multi-million-dollar territory? Do you have dreams to travel with a global company and grow with an industry leader?
We are looking for an Outside Sales Manager to serve our customers in Las Vegas, NV. This territory enjoys a large customer base as well as big growth potential for someone with strong skills in forging new relationships!
Who We are
Ritchie Bros.(NYSE and TSX: RBA) is a global asset management and disposition company, offering customers end-to-end solutions for buying and selling used heavy equipment, trucks and other assets.
An Account Manager plays an integral role to execute Ritchie Bros.’ Corporate Strategic Sales Plan in generating consignments through sales and marketing efforts by attracting buyers and sellers to the Ritchie Bros. sales and promoting the Company’s unreserved auction services and programs to existing and new customers within their assigned sales territory.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, the Territory Sales Manager will be an individual and regional team contributor for achieving the annual Gross Auction Proceeds (GAP) and Commission Revenue through dedicated prospecting and cold-calling of new customers within the assigned territory as well as strong account management of the existing customer base.
- introduce, promote and sell Ritchie Bros. services and programs to current and future customers through prospecting, cold calling and account maintenance activities.
- Inspire potential buyers and sellers to come out to our auctions.
- Assess your customers’ needs and provide solutions based on our service offerings.
- Assist with equipment appraisals.
- Take a break from the road and work at the auction, where you can drive gear, catch bids and network with your customers and colleagues all in one place.
- Monitor the market and your competitors' services, prices, auctions and sales.
- Represent Ritchie Bros. at professional association conferences and trade shows.
What we are looking for:
- Experience in 5 to 10 years in a structured outside / field sales role, and a consistent track-record of meeting / exceeding quotas (experience as an account manager, sales associate, sales representative)
- The ability to travel 1 to 2 days per week to cover the territory, as well as up to a week a few times per year to attend auctions and training.
- You’ll have to maintain a valid, clean driver’s license.
- It helps if you have experience with construction equipment.
- Interpersonal skills, especially when it comes to listening.
- The ability to make sound decisions quickly in a fast-paced setting.
- Strong presentation, critical thinking, negotiation and closing skills.
- You’re passionately driven to seek new business. For you, time behind a desk is time lost.
- You’re daring, but you never sacrifice integrity to win business.
- A natural ability at building authentic customer relationships.
- A strong work ethic without sacrificing your sense of humour or ability to have fun on the job.
- Attend 4 to 6 auction sales, 1 to 2 days each in duration within the region, where you'll meet with your customers and your colleagues.
- Travel overnight approximately 5 to 7 days per month to cover the territory and 1 to 2 days prior to each auction sale.
- Work primarily from a home office and on the road.
What We Offer
- Base salary + uncapped performance-based bonus.
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits.
- 401(k) and Employee Share Plan, both with company matching.
- Company car, laptop, smart phone, expense account.
- Ongoing training, professional development and a tuition reimbursement program.
Job Type: Full-time
- heavy equipment: 3 years
- sales: 5 years