Technology Support Specialist
- (1) Associates Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems. A+ Certification and /or demonstrable experience building, repairing and upgrading computers with related experience in Information systems may be substituted for Degree.
- (2) Apple and Microsoft training / certification and a minimum of three (3) years experience in Windows and OS X.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must possess working knowledge of Microsoft Windows; Mac OS X, Microsoft Server, Active Directory Tools, Ethernet switched wired and wireless networks. Ability to work as part of a team. Experienced in delivering training to adults/teachers. Possess excellent communication, customer service and technical problem solving skills. Evidence of experience in the integration of technology into the classroom (preferred).
Director of Technology
To provide on-site assistance for all computer / network hardware, software, and peripherals on the district’snetwork. Provide professional customer service to all staff and students, and assist with resolving issues in educational and enterprise applications.
- *(1) Provide technical consulting assistance related to systems and software to school personnel.
- *(2) Provide support for Windows and Macintosh based hardware and software
- *(3) Research software/hardware solutions for instructional purposes.
- *(4) Maintain a proactive role in understanding and evaluating Macintosh (Apple) andWindows based products.
- *(5) Assist with training of staff on hardware/software.
- *(6) Perform network administration and implementation and assist with management of theDistrict’s Local Area Network.
- *(7)Set up and configure hardware and install new software on school computers.
- *(8) Provide support for District supported software and hardware.
- *(9) Troubleshoots hardware, software, network, and operating system problems and provideon-going technical support to other Technology personnel.
- *(10) Interact with other members of the Technology team to troubleshoot and resolve system
- *(11) Manage and document inventory control of District networking equipment.
- *(12) Track all work in the help desk work order system
- *(13) Perform hardware and software upgrades for all District supported hardware and
- *(14) Keep current of trends, changes and developments in Network Administration and
Technology as it applies to Flagler County Public Schools.
- *(15) Performing other incidental tasks consistent with the goals and objectives of this position.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force as needed to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Hours per Day 8
Salary Lane CHZ
Salary Schedule Non-Instructional.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy onevaluation of personnel.
*Essential Performance Responsibilities
Job Description Supplement Code 7
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.36 to $20.19 /hour