As a result of continued growth in North America and a commitment to providing the highest level of customer service to our customers, we are currently seeking a Quality Manager to join our team in Ephrata, PA.
The Quality Manager reports to the General Manager is responsible for the overall quality program and maintenance and application of our existing quality management systems. S/he ensures continuous quality and performance of production while ensuring the integrity of our quality control, consistent with established standards, customer specifications, and production goals. The Quality Manager leads a team of quality control inspectors, technicians, and quality engineers and manages daily activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the following four key areas of quality relating to the design of systems and the elements critical to Quality: Quality Improvement, Quality Assurance, Quality Control and Quality Engineering.
- Participate in collaborative cross-functional teams to deliver quality solutions incorporating best practices.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and prevention. Establish criteria, metrics, and goals to demonstrate quality effectiveness in the areas of production efficiency, yield improvement, scrap reduction and customer satisfaction.
- Lead improvement projects, establishing benchmarks and best practices and aligning with overall business goals.
- Ensure the establishment and maintenance of a robust quality program that complies with all company or applicable International Quality Standards, as required.
- Monitor QA processes to verify that the prescribed methods are being followed.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of quality systems and assure compliance to all policies and standards. Develop, recommend and implement changes as needed based on the evaluation.
- Develop engineering quality initiatives.
- Develop and deploy Product Quality Control Plans for new products.
- Track field quality trends, identify root causes, and implement appropriate preventative actions.
- Take initiative and action to respond, resolve, and follow-up regarding quality issues with all customers (internal and external) in a timely manner.
- Identify improvement opportunities and provide support with process documentation and appropriate tracking metrics.
- Coach, mentor, and lead quality team members to help achieve the requirements of this position as well as the individual career goals of team members.
- Ensure that departmental training and development needs are met.
- Lead the organization’s efforts in complying with the ISO9001 and AS9100 Quality System Standards and other regulatory/legal requirements.
- Act as the management representative for ISO9001 and AS9100 Audits.
- Develop and maintain a Quality information system that communicates key quality related information to site management.
- Implement effective Supplier Quality Assurance and Incoming Quality Control programs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical field
- 5+ years of previous Quality related experience in a leadership role in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in RF connector and assembly manufacturing
- Ability to develop and implement structured Quality processes, procedures, and measures
- Working knowledge of basic Quality tools such as SPC, FMEA, Control Plans, Root Cause Analysis, Poke Yoke, TQM, Six Sigma, Kaizen Lean Manufacturing, etc.
- Working knowledge and certification of ISO 9001 and AS9100 – Rev D
- Proven experience to manage technically trained employees including professional engineers
- Excellent communication skills and ability to summarize significant amounts of data into easily understood reports with appropriate recommendations
- Ability to interact comfortably at all levels within the organization and to facilitate customer visits when required
- Familiarity with a wide range of reliability, environmental, and qualification programs
- Must be willing to relocate to Lancaster County, PA area
- Working knowledge/experience in Six Sigma and/or lean manufacturing
- Certified Auditor: ISO9001, AS9100 rev D, and/or ISO14001
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)