The Countsy Senior Accountant is responsible for upholding the Company’s commitment to the Client by focusing on quality in all aspects of delivery. In addition, the Senior Accountant has the skills to meet the objectives of the specific assignment with minimal supervision.
This position is primarily responsible for performing the day-to-day Accounting tasks for multiple Countsy Clients. The Senior Accountant will function as a contributing team member to their assigned team, working with other Senior Accountants, Accounting Managers, Staff Accountants, HR Generalists, Payroll Specialists, and the team’s Controller and Assistant Controller. From time to time, the Senior Accountant may be asked to assist other team members, or help with coverage of other team member’s clients.
The ideal candidate must be able to work with the designated Startup CFO for each client, and deliver a timely, and quality service to the Client, while adhering to all appropriate policies and procedures that are GAAP compliant. This position requires a high degree of independent judgment and decision making. Assistance may be sought from the Controller, Assistant Controller, or Startup CFO.
- Effectively communicate with Client, and Countsy staff to understand and document priorities and work status
- Develop an understanding of the client's business
- Demonstrate commitment to client success. Become familiar with project scope and tool sets required
- Execute work plan while meeting agreed upon deadlines and commitments
- Perform Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions for multiple clients with possible entities
- Payroll processing using payroll software
- Assist in monthly and quarterly close including complex bank reconciliations, credit card processing and receipt collections
- Seek and communicate ways to improve client satisfaction
- Support client and team with timely response to information requests
- Take ownership of work and follow tasks through to completion
- Utilize research and knowledge management channels
- Use and administer company practices, standards, procedures, tools and methodologies
- Effectively interact with and support other Countsy staff, management and internal staff
- Perform all necessary administrative responsibilities in a timely manner (e.g. Timesheet and expense report submission, annual review, response to e-mail and voice-mail, forecasting of upcoming availability)
- Comply with Countsy policies and procedures
- Work effectively with client and Countsy staff and be positive and respectful in all interactions
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Solid knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in a variety of different industries and circumstances.
- Ability to research accounting issues, reach logical conclusions, and apply to clients’ situation.
- Proven analytical skills
- Excellent time-management and ability to prioritize changing tasks
- Sense of urgency necessary to meet goals, objectives and deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and human relations skills aiding in acting as an effective team member
- Ability to adjust to new conditions, clients, and tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven analysis, research, and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate Accounting principles and issues to other staff
- Prior experience with multi-entity or startup clients (strongly recommended)
- Ability to work with people of varied levels of accounting knowledge
- Demonstrated high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel – familiar with higher formulas (i.e. pivot tables, IF statements, VLOOKUP, etc.)
- Ability to accept responsibility for errors, propose corrective measures and ensure controls are in place for non-recurrence
- Knowledge of Company policy, procedures and organizational structure
- Proficiency with various softwares, ERP systems, and Microsoft Office.
- Will interact directly with Client’s staff at all management levels
- Will interact internally with Startup CFO’s and other Countsy staff
- Will need to interact with Client vendors and contacts
- Education: Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Computer Information Systems or related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience: Minimum of five (5) years as Accounting professional. Must have prior experience in providing all account reconciliations, and some level of financial statements preparation.
- Experience with software is required, specific platform tool experience is a strong plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- accounting: 5 years (Required)