Founded in 1953 as a children’s counseling center in Queens, The Child Center of NY has become a powerful community presence throughout the city. With nearly 70 locations in NYC’s toughest, most underserved communities, our 1,000 results-oriented professionals are making a difference for more than 30,000 children and their families.
The Social Worker is responsible for providing individual and group counseling and direct service to children, teens, adults and their families. These services range from assessment treatment planning, provision of counseling/psychotherapy and crisis intervention. The Social Worker is a member of the treatment team and collaborates with other team members.
- Provide direct client care to clients using a variety of social work modalities in order to help them maximize their level of functioning.
- Facilitates the client’s utilization of available support systems and community resources to meet needs identified in clinical evaluation or treatment planning.
- Performs home visits as deemed by the treatment plan.
- Meet on a weekly basis with supervisor to discuss achievement of program targets, client goals, quality of client care and reporting requirements.
- May conduct consultations with ACS Child Protective Specialists or other internal or external staff on concerns they may have with clients.
- Attends Family Team Conferences and develops next steps for the families and other service providers.
- Meets data metric requirements, quality of care expectations using traditional social work interventions, or evidence-based models.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Masters degree in Social Work
- Prior Child Welfare experience (1 year)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to plan and carry out assignments independently.
- Ability to prioritize, adhere to timelines and multi-task.
To apply, please visit our career site:
Job Type: Full-time
- Child Welfare: 1 year (Required)