Full-timeEstimated: $62,000 - $84,000 a year
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Retirement Plan
- Computer Skills
- CPR Certification
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
Full Job Description
Provides and coordinates patient care through assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care. Provides consultative, educational and resource services to the nursing staff and interdisciplinary team to enhance clinical performance and facilitate quality patient care outcomes.
- Assesses, plans, evaluates, implements and documents the nursing delivery of care process. Performs various patient tests, administers medications and assists physicians within the scope of practice and training.
- Under the direction of Unit Director/Manager and Nursing Education Department, develops competency based programs to facilitate standardization of patient care outcomes and adapts best practice findings to enhance patient care outcomes and clinical nursing practice.
- Performs needs assessment and provides educational services to nursing personnel based on identified learning needs.
- Participates in the development, interpretation and evaluation of the Nursing Department policies and procedures.
- Assists in the education and preparation of nursing staff for accreditation visits (IDPH & JCAHO).
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing
- Bachelors in Nursing; Master's preferred
- Current IL State RN licensure
- 3 years of nursing experience in a emergency department is highly preferred
- Nurse education experience in a hospital setting is highly preferred
- Teaching experience in an academic setting is highly preferred
- Team and customer service skills
- Computer skills - windows and database systems
- Excellent interpersonal and telephone skills
- CPR instructor certification is required
- Able to work collaboratively with patient care service management to identify educational and training needs
- Able to identify and utilize educational resources
Job Type: Full-time
- Nurse Educator: 1 year (Required)
- Emergency Room Nursing: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement