Come work for BrightStar Care, a company who believes in Serving with Passion and Doing the Right Thing. The CNA is a member of the dedicated home care team who works under the supervision of a registered nurse and performs various personal care services as necessary to meet the client’s needs.
Guaranteed 30 hours a week, but may be up to 40 hours. Must be available between 7am-7pm, 11am-11pm or 7a-11pm 5 days a week. Pay is between $11.50-12/hr and will be paid for travel time in between shifts for the day. Mileage reimbursement for anything over 50 miles in a day. May be required to go to shifts in Brunswick, New Hanover, Pender, or Columbus Counties. PTO available after 6 months employment. ONLY APPLY IF ARE A CNA AND CAN MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS. Assignments may be in home setting (1 on 1) or facility setting (staffing- multiple residents). Must be willing to get a flu shot and 2 step TB.
- Weekly pay with direct deposit
- Monthly bonus opportunities
- Free continuing education
- Weekend and evening opportunities, in-home and facility based
- Health insurance
- Provide client with hygiene care as directed including, but not limited to: bathing, grooming, oral care, dressing, undressing, toileting activities, feeding, meal preparation, linen changes, light housekeeping
- Take and record vital signs as well as height and weight, if necessary
- Assist client in active and passive range of motion defined by the plan of care, document observed changes, report any changes to the Director of Nursing
- Assist client in walking and transportation to doctor appointments, outdoor activities, shopping
- Develop and promote a safe environment for quality client care through adherence to established policies, procedures, and standards
- Ensure client’s rights are adhered to
- High school diploma or GED
- Successful completion of a nursing assistant program
- Certification as a CNA
- Certified CPR and negative TB skin test or chest x-ray
- Minimum one (1) year of documented experience is required
- Licensed driver with insured and reliable automobile
- Adhere to HIPPA and maintain client confidentiality
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.